|Ph.D. in Applied Economics and Management, Cornell University|
|M.S. in Mathematics, Ohio University|
|M.A. in Applied Economics, Ohio University|
|B.A. in International Economics and Trade, Tianjin University of Science and Technology|
|Intern, Office of Regional Economic Integration, Asian Development Bank, Manila, the Philippines|
|Visiting Scholar, European Institute of Asian Studies, Brussels, Belgium|
Refereed Journal Articles
- "Can money always talk? Implication for environmental compensation by international agribusiness" Journal of Cleaner Production 215:1014-1024 (2019). (w/ Jie Sun & Li Zhou)
- "Avian influenza, non-tariff measures and the poultry exports of China" The Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 63(1): 72-94 (2019). (w/ Li Zhou & Lingzhi Li)
- "Intra-Household Allocation of Nutrients in an Opening China" International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 15.4 (2018): 700. (w/ Li Zhou & Xiaohong Chen)
- "Promoting Dietary Guidelines and Environmental Sustainability in China" China Economic Review (2017). (w/ Satoru Shimokawa)
- "Has U.S. Farm Policy Influenced Fruit and Vegetable Production?" Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, 36(2):265–286 (2014). (w/ Joseph Balagtas, Barry Krissoff & Bradley Rickard)
- "How Important Are Sanitary and Phytosanitary Barriers in International Markets for Fresh Fruit?" Agricultural Economics 42(2011) S1: 19-31. (w/ Bradley Rickard)
Book chapters and Reports
- Lei Lei. 2014. Sino-European Cooperative Development and Prospect in Agriculture. In China-EU Green Cooperation, edited by E. Reuter and M. Jing. Singapore: World Scientific. Oct. 2014. pp. 201-208.
- Meeting Standards, Winning Markets Regional Trade Standards Compliance Report East Asia 2018. UNIDO and IDE-JETRO Joint Report, forthcoming (w/ Etsuyo Michida & Kaoru Nabeshima)
Work in Progress
- "Leave or Stay? PM2.5 Air Pollution and Migration" (w/ Xiaohong Chen & Li Zhou)
- "Social Network and Willingness-to-Accept Environmental Compensation by International Agribusiness in Rural China"
- "Identifying the Determinants of China's Organic Agri-food Exports to the Developed Countries"
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association
Chinese Economist Society
European Institute for Asian Studies