Frequently Asked Questions
- Can anyone use the library?
- What are the necessary procedures for visiting the library?
- When is the library closed?
- What are the library opening hours?
- Is it possible to photocopy materials?
- Are you able to issue receipts?
- Is internet or Wi-Fi available?
- Can I bring food or beverages into the library?
- Is the cafeteria also open on Saturdays?
- Where is floor 4-2 (M4)?
- How do I reserve a microfilm reader?
- How can I use CD-ROMs?
- Other Questions
- The library can be used by anyone. However, children of elementary school age or younger should be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Complete the required sections of the entry form at the library counter on the first floor. We also issue library entry cards (valid for a period of two years) for repeat visitors. Bags may not be brought into the library. Please deposit all personal effects apart from necessary items such as dictionaries, writing implements and valuables in the lockers and use the library-use bags provided. See "Requests/Notices Regarding Library Use" for other points to note.
- The library is closed on the 2nd, 4th and 5th Saturdays of the month, as well as Sundays, public holidays, the last working day of the month, and over the Year end and New Year’s holiday period. For details, see the library calendar.
- Copies can be made only for the purpose of investigation or research, and within the limits of copyright laws. In addition to staff-run/self-copying services. For more information, please see the document photocopying service.
- We issue receipts for photocopying fees at the register and copying machines. In case you require a receipt containing the addressee name or an official stamp, please inquire at the service desk.
- Library PCs are restricted to OPAC searches and e-journal usage. However, visitors who bring their own laptops can use the library's Wi-Fi. Please inquire at the library counter for the password.
- PET bottles and beverages in lidded containers may be brought into the library. Please refrain from eating in the reading rooms. There are vending machines for soft drinks in the refreshment corner at the rear of the first floor of the library. There is also a cafeteria at the rear of the first floor of the building opposite the library. The cafeteria's opening hours are 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and lunch menu is available from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.
- The cafeteria is open on weekdays only, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Lunch menu is available from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. on weekdays.
- This is the floor constructed from laminated layers above the fourth floor. This floor can be reached using the elevator or stairs behind the service counter.
- Please make your reservation by phone or email at least two days before the date that you wish to visit the library, so that we can make the necessary preparations. If you inform us of the name and year of the resource that you would like to use, we will prepare it in advance.
*Reservation: Tel: 043-299-9713 E-mail: E-mail: Libser
- We have PCs that are exclusively for viewing CD-ROMs. As the operation must be validated, we recommend that you reserve a computer in advance.
*Reservation: Tel: 043-299-9713 E-mail: Libser
- For further questions related to the library, please contact us.
E-mail: alislib Tel: 043-299-9716