Education / Research Experience
|LL.M. (International and Comparative Law), The George Washington University Law School, 2007|
|Master of Laws (International Law), Graduate School of Law, Waseda University, 1991|
|Senior Research Fellow, Inter-disciplinary Studies Center, 2016-present|
|Senior Overseas Research Fellow (Stellenbosch), 2014-2016|
|Senior Research Fellow, Inter-disciplinary Studies Center, 2012-2014|
|Research Fellow, Inter-disciplinary Studies Center, 2008-2012|
|Overseas Research Fellow (Washington, D.C.), 2006-2008|
|Research Fellow, Inter-disciplinary Studies Center, 2003-2006|
|Research Fellow, APEC Study Center, 2000-2003|
|Joined the IDE (Economic Development Research Department), 1999|
- "Current Issues on the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA)," IDE Discussion Paper, No. 661, Institute of Developing Economies, 2017.
- Toward an Inclusive and a Little Bit Ethical Trading System: Listening to the Voices of Producers and Consumers, IDE Policy Proposal Research, Chiba: Institute of Developing Economies, 2014 (edited with Sato, Hiroshi Kan).
- "Environmental Provisions in Japanese Regional Trade Agreements with Developing Countries," IDE Discussion Paper, No. 467, Institute of Developing Economies, 2014.
- "South African Trade Policy: Interactions between Trade Policy and the WTO Negotiations," in Makino, Kumiko and C. Sato eds., Public Policy and Transformation in South Africa after Democratisation, IDE Spot Survey, No. 33, Institute of Developing Economies, 2013.
- "Characteristics of APEC Trade Liberalization: A Comparative Analysis with the WTO," in Okamoto, Jiro ed., Trade Liberalization and APEC (Routledge Studies in the Modern World Economy, 43), London: Routledge, 2004.
- "Institutional Motives for Forming FTAs: The Contradiction between the MFN Principle and Reciprocity," in Okamoto, Jiro ed., Whither Free Trade Agreements? - Proliferation, Evaluation and Multilateralization (IDE Development Perspective Series, No. 2), Chiba: Institute of Developing Economies, 2003.
- "Dispute Resolution under APEC," in Kritzer, Herbert M. ed., Legal Systems of the World: A Political, Social, and Cultural Encyclopedia, Santa Barbara: ABC-Clio Inc, 2002.
- "The Function of the MFN Clause in the Global Trading System," IDE APEC Study Center Working Paper Series 01/02, No. 3, Institute of Developing Economies, 2002.
- "Reciprocity in Trade Liberalization," IDE APEC Study Center Working Paper Series 00/01, No. 2, Institute of Developing Economies, 2001.
Membership of Academic Societies
The Japanese Society of International Law