Education / Research Experience
|B.S., Department of Agricultural Chemistry, University of Tokyo, 1987|
|M.S., Graduate School of Agricultural Economics, University of Tokyo, 1989|
|Institute of Developing Economies, 1989|
- "Political Economy of Industrial Pollution in Taiwan," in Development and the Environment: The Experiences of Japan and Industrializing Asia (Development and Environment Series No.1), 1995.
- "An Institutional Analysis of Environmental Pollution Disputes in Taiwan: Cases of 'Self-Relief,'" The Developing Economies , Vol. XL, No. 3, 2002, pp. 284-304.
- "Taiwan: From Subjects of Oppression to the Instruments of "Taiwanization," in Shinichi Shigetomi ed., The State and NGOs: Perspective from Asia , Singapore: Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, 2002.
- "The Rise and Fall of "Mixed Metal Scrap" Recovery Industry in Taiwan: International Trade of Scraps and Transboundary Relocation of the Business," in International Trade of Recyclable Resources in Asia (IDE Spot Survey No. 29) .
- Dynamism of the Policy Process in "Development and the Environment": The Experiences of Japan and Problems in East Asia , (Co-Editor), Kenkyu Sosho No.527, 2002. (in Japanese)
- Environmental Policy in a Changing Asia: Industrialization, Democratization, and Globalization , (Co-Editor) Kenkyu Sosho No.541, 2005. (in Japanese)
Membership of Academic Societies
Japan Association for Asian Studies, Agricultural Economics Society of Japan, Society of Environmental Economics and Policy, Japan Association for Taiwan Studies