Education / Research Experience
|B.Eng. in Transportation Engineering, Xi’an Highway University, Jul. 1995|
|M.Sc. in Economics, Yamaguchi University, Mar. 2000 (Japanese Government Scholarship)|
|Ph.D. in Information Sciences, Tohoku University, Sep. 2005|
|Xi’an Highway University (Assistant Economist), Jul. 1995-Oct. 1996|
|IDE-JETRO (Researcher with Limited Term, Researcher, Group Deputy Director, Senior Researcher), Oct. 2004-Present|
|OECD (Researcher Sent Abroad), Mar. 2009-Mar. 2011|
|Columbia University (Senior Researcher Sent Abroad), Jun. 2017-Jun. 2019|
- Bo Meng, Ming Ye, Shang-Jin Wei (2020) Measuring Smile Curves in Global Value Chains. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics.
- Asao Ando, Bo Meng (2019) Spatial Price Equilibrium and the Transport Sector: A Trade‐Consistent SCGE Model. Review of Urban and Regional Development Studies, 31(3), 234-256.
- Bo Meng, Glen P Peters, Zhi Wang, Meng Li (2018) Tracing CO2 Emissions in Global Value Chains. Energy Economics, 73, 24-42.
- Other papers: Google Scholar; IDEAS.RePEc
Other academic activities
- "Applied Energy Highly Cited Paper Awards 2020". Awarded paper: "The Water-Energy-Food Nexus in East Asia: A tele-connected value chain analysis using inter-regional input-output analysis", authored by White D.J., Hubacek K., Feng K., Sun L., Meng B. Applied Energy, Vol. 210, pp. 550-567, 15 January, 2018.
APEC technical expert group member on TiVA (Trade in Value Added) (2015-2018)
Visiting Scholar, United States International Trade Commission (USITC) (2013)