Education / Research Experience
|Graduated from Keio University, Faculty of Economics, 1990|
|Master of Science in Agricultural Economics, University of California, Berkeley, 1997|
|Dispatched to Berkeley , USA, 1996-1998|
|Joined the IDE, 1990|
|Joined the Development Studies Department, 1998|
|Joined the Environment and Natural Resource Studies Group, Inter-disciplinary Studies Center, 2003|
Chief Senior Researcher
Inter-disciplinary Studies Center, 2015
|Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA) , 2018|
|Part-time Lecturer at Hitotsubashi University (in summer semester), 1999-|
|Technical Expert Committee, Green Industry Platform, 2013-|
|Expert Working Group on Environmentally Sound Management, 2015-|
- Yasuhiko Hotta, Chettipappan Visvanathan and Michikazu Kojima “Recycling rate and target setting: challenges for standardized measurement” Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management 18(1) • February 2016.
- Aya Yoshidaa, Atsushi Terazonoa, Florencio C. Ballesteros Jr.b, Duc-Quang Nguyenc, Sunandar Sukandard, Michikazu Kojima, Shozo Sakatae, “E-waste recycling processes in Indonesia, the Philippines, and Vietnam: A case study of cathode ray tube TVs and monitors” Resources Conservation and Recycling 106:48-58 • January 2016
- Kojima, Michikazu and Etsuyo Michida, eds. International Trade in Recyclable and Hazardous Waste in Asia , Edward Elgar, 2013.
- Kojima, Michikazu and Etsuyo Michida, “Trade and the environment” in Masahisa Fujita, Ikuo Kuroiwa and Satoru Kumagai (eds.) The Economics of East Asian Integration: a Comprehensive Introduction to Regional Issues , 2011, Edward Elgar.
- Kojima, Michikazu, Aya Yoshida and So Sasaki, “Difficulties in applying extended producer responsibility policies in developing countries: case studies in e-waste recycling in China and Thailand”, Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management , 2009, Volume 11, Number 3, Pages 263-269, Springer.
- Kojima Michikazu ed., Promoting 3Rs in developing countries —Lessons from the Japanese Experience— , 2008.
- Kojima, Michikazu, “Rating Program Revisted: In the Case of Indonesia”, in Tadayoshi Terao and Kenji Otsuka (ed.) Development of Environmental Policy in Japan and Asian Countries , 2007, Palgrave.
- Atsushi Terazono, Shinsuke Murakami, Naoya Abe, Bulent Inanc and Michikazu Kojima, et al.”Current status and research on E-waste issues in Asia”, Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management , 2006, Volume 8, Number 1, Pages 1-12, Springer.
Michikazu Kojima (ed.) International Trade of Recyclable Resources in Asia , Institute of Developing Economies, 2005.
- "Wandering Wastes" with AOKI Yuko, YOSHIDA Fumikazu and ISONO Yayoi, in Japan Environmental Council (ed.) The State of the Environment in Asia 2002/2003 , Springer, 2002.
- "Trade and Environmental Governance: Theory and the American Experience", with Richard Norgaard, in Daizaburo Yui and Yasuo Endo eds, Framing the Pacific in the 21st Century : Coexistence and Friction, Center for Pacific and American Studies, University of Tokyo, 2001.
- "Indonesia" with INOUE Makoto, in Japan Environmental council (ed.) The State of the Environmental in Asia 1999/2000, Springer, pp.83-95,2000.
Membership of Academic Societies
Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Japan Society of Material Cycles and Waste Management, Japan Society for International Development