Education / Research Experience
|B.A., School of Political Science and Economics, Waseda University, 1999|
|M.A., Graduate School of Economics, Waseda University, 2001|
|Ph.D., Graduate School of Economics, Waseda University, 2012|
|Research Fellow, Institute of Developing Economies, 2001-Present|
|Visiting Scholar, Institute of Industrial Economics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, 2005-2007|
|Adjunct Lecturer, Graduate School of Economics, Aoyama Gakuin University, 2009-2014|
|Adjunct Lecturer, Graduate School of Social and Cultural Studies, Kyushu University, 2013|
|Adjunct Lecturer, School of Political Science and Economics, Waseda University, 2014|
|Visiting Scholar, Brandeis University, 2014-2015|
|Visiting Scholar, The University of Hong Kong, 2015-2016|
|Adjunct Lecturer, College of Economics, Aoyama Gakuin University, 2017-2018|
|Visiting Scholar, Taiwan Institute of Economic Research, 2017|
|Adjunct Lecturer, School of Economics, Kyushu University, 2018|
|Associate Senior Research Fellow, IDE Bangkok Research Center, JETRO Bangkok, 2019-Present|
- "Overseas Expansion and Technological Capabilities: The Case of Chinese Electronics Firms," Global Journal of Emerging Market Economies, first published online on October 3, 2019.
- "Inward FDI and Organisations: The Case of Chinese Firms," in D. Dyker (ed.) World Scientific Reference on Globalisation in Eurasia and the Pacific Rim , Singapore: World Scientific, 2015.
- "Technology: Foreign Technology Introduction and Market Entry," in M. Watanabe (ed.) The Disintegration of Production : Firm Strategy and Industrial Development in China , Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2015.
The Growth of Chinese Electronics Firms: Globalization and Organizations, New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2014.
→Book review by Associate Professor Albert Hu (NUS) in The China Quarterly, 223, September 2015
→Book review by Associate Professor Jun Akabane (Yokohama City University) in The Developing Economies, 54(2), June 2016
→Book review by Dr. Tse-Kang Leng (Academia Sinica) in The China Journal, 76, July 2016
- "Competition between Firms in Developing and Developed Countries," IDE Discussion Paper , No. 469, 2014.
- "Outward FDI from Developing Countries: A Case of Chinese Firms in South Africa," IDE Discussion Paper , No. 385, 2013.
- "Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect the Growth of Local Firms? The Case of China’s Electrical and Electronics Industry," China & World Economy , 20(2) : pp. 98-120, 2012.
- "Is There Hope for Firms Facing the Technology Gap? A Case of China’s Mobile Industry," Journal of Contemporary China , 20(72) : pp. 833-847, 2011.
- "China and India’s Electrical and Electronics Industries: A Comparison between Market Structures," in M. Ohara, M. Vijayabaskar, and H. Lin (eds.), Industrial Dynamics in China and India: Firms, Clusters, and Different Growth Paths , New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- "China's Regional Industrial Disparity from the Viewpoint of Industrial Agglomeration," in M. Tsuji, E. Giovannetti, and M. Kagami (eds.), Industrial Agglomeration and New Technologies: A Global Perspective , Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2007.
- "Macroeconomic Stability and Seigniorage for Fiscal Revenue: East Asia versus Eastern Europe and the CIS," in M. Watanabe (ed.), Recovering Financial Systems: China and Asian Transition Economies , New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2006.
Membership of Academic Societies
American Economic Association, Japanese Economic Association, Japan Society of International Economics,
Japanese Association for Chinese Economy and Management Studies (an editor of Journal of Chinese Economy & Management Studies, 2017-2019)