Education / Research Experience
|B.A in Persian Language, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, 1989|
|M.A in Area Studies of West Asia, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, 1991|
|Ph.D in Economics, Hitotsubashi University, 2009|
|Joined Institute of Developing Economies, 1991|
|Research Fellow, University of Tehran (Tehran), 1994-1995|
|Visiting Research Fellow, Bosporus University (Istanbul), 1995-1996|
|Visiting Research Fellow, University of Tehran (Tehran), 2009-2011|
|Middle Eastern Studies Group, Area Studies Center, 2011-2012|
|Deputy Director, Middle Eastern Studies Group, December 2012-|
|Part-time Lecturer, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, 1998-2000|
|Part-time Lecturer, Keio University, 2004-2005|
|Part-time Lecturer, Ochanomizu University, 2011-2012|
|Part-time Lecturer, Tohoku University, 2014|
|Part-time Lecturer, Hitotsubashi University, 2020|
Books / English
- Industrial Organization in Iran: The Weakly Organized System of the Iranian Apparel Industry, Springer Briefs in Economics, Springer, 2017.
- Questionnaire Survey on Apparel Firms in Iran 2010 , Research Report Series No.11, Need-based Program for Area Studies: Middle East within Asia: Law and Economics, Hitotsubashi University, 2010.
Paper / English
- "Shop-lease Contract with Sar-qofli" in the Post-Iranian Revolution Era: Deletion of "Haqq-e kasb o pisheh o tejarat" from the Law of Lessor-Lessee Relationships, Iranian Studies, published online 12 Dec 2014.
- "Sar-qofli in the Customs and Laws of Modern Iran: The Emergence of Haqq-e Kasb o Pishe o Tejarat and the Evolution of the Shop-lease Contract System", Iranian Studies, Vol.44, No.2, March 2011.
- "The Role of the Namayande in Iran's Textile Industry", The Developing Economies, Vol.36, No.4, December 1998.
Books / Japanese
- Sar-qofli, to Whom does the Shop Belong?: A Commercial Practice in Iran and the Modernization of Legal System, Heibon-sha, 270pp. 2018.
- "Individualism" in Iran, Heibon-sha, 271pp. 2015.
- Persian Haiku Collection ‘Kibo’ (translated by G.Zakeri and Y.Iwasaki), Tehran University, 2011.
- Doing Business in Tehran: the Customs and Spirit of Iranian Merchants, "What is Asia?" series No.106, Institute of Developing Economies, 233pp, 2004 .
- The Dynamism of Iranian National Economy, Kenkyu Sosho (IDE Research Series) No.503, Institute of Developing Economies, xiv＋238pp, 2000.
Papers & Articles / Japanese
- "The Trade Association System in Iran: Absence of Competition-Restrictive Activities and Market Fairness," Ajia Keizai (Asian Economy) Vol.60, No.4, 2019.
- "An Inquiry into the Socio-economic Function of Rahn Contracts in the Iranian Real Estate Market: Collateral or Lease?", Ajia Keizai (Asian Economy) Vol. 57, No.3, 2016.
- Globalization under a "Weakly-Organized" System: A Case Study on Iran's Apparel Industry, Ajia Keizai (Asian Economy) Vol. 53, No.5, 2012.
- Shop-lease Contract with Sar-qofli after the Islamic Revolution in Iran: Deletion of "Haqq-e Kasb o Pishe o Tejarat" in "Lessors and Leaseholders' Relation Law", Ajia Keizai (Asian Economy ) Vol. 50, No.1, 2009.
- "Law and Custom on Sar-qofli: The Emergence of Haqq-e Kasb o Pishe o Tejarat and the Transformation of Shop-lease Contract in Iran", Ajia Keizai (Asian Economy) Vol.48, No.6, 2007.
- "Sar-qofli : An Economical Analysis on Determination Process of Land Price in Iran's Commercial Centres" , Ajia Keizai(Asian Economy) Vol. 47, No.5, 2006.
- "Resale-Price Maintenance System in Iran: A Case Study of Books" , Gendai no Chuto (The Contemporary Middle East) No.34, 2003.
- "The Apparel Whole-sale Market in Tehran: the Bonak-dars as Auctioneer" , Ajia Keizai (Asian Economy) Vol.43, No.2, 2002.
- "The System of Production and Distribution in Iran: A Case Study of Apparel Industry in Tehran", The Dynamism of Iranian National Economy, Institute of Developing Economies, 2000.
- "A Historical Survey on the Textile Industry in Iran", Gendai no Chuto (The Contemporary Middle East), No.15, 1993.