Education / Research Experience
|B.A., School of Letters, Kyushu University, 1999|
|M.A., Graduate School of Humanities, Kyushu University, 2005|
|Ph.D., Graduate School of Intercultural Studies, Kobe University, 2011|
|Research Fellow, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, 2009-2011|
Advanced Research Developer,
Intercultural Research Center, Graduate School of Intercultural Studies, Kobe University, 2011-2012
|Part-Time Lecturer, Kobe University and Osaka International University, 2011-2012|
|Assistant Professor, Faculty of Humanities, Kyushu University, 2012-2013|
|Research Fellow, Institute of Developing Economies, 2013-Present|
- "Succession Issue and Changing Administrative Structure in Saudi Arabia," Journal of Middle Eastern Studies 523 (May 2015), 11-21.
- "The Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force and Regional Security in the Indian Ocean and the Gulf: Looking Towards 2023," in Security Dynamics of East Asia in the Gulf Region , ed. Tim Niblock with Yang Guang (Berlin, Germany: Gerlach Press, 2014), 225-238.
- Chuto Wangan Shokoku no Minshuka to Seitou Shisutemu （Democratization and Quasi-Institutionalized Party System in the Gulf States） , Tokyo: Akashi Shoten, 2013.
- “The Progress of Parliamentary Politics in the Gulf Monarchies.” The Journal of History 150, 2013.
- “Resuming Parliament and the Activities of the ‘Quasi-Party’ in Bahrain: Comparative Institutional Analysis with Kuwait.” Annals of Japan Association for Middle East Studies 25, no.2, 2009.
- “Making Pre-Political Party System in Kuwait.” Annals of Japan Association for Middle East Studies 24, no.1, 2008.
Membership of Academic Societies
Japan Association of International Relations, Japanese Political Science Association, Japanese Association of Electoral Studies, Japan Association for Comparative Politics, Japan Association of the Middle East Studies.