Education / Research Experience
|Graduate from Major of Japanese Language and Culture, School of Foreign Language, Nanjing University, 1999.7|
|Research Student, Under Graduate School of Economics, Nagoya University, 1999.10-2000.3|
|Graduate Student, Major of Social Economic System, Graduate School of Economics, Nagoya University, 2000.4-2005.3|
Research Fellow, International Exchange Division, Research Promotion Department, 2005.4-2006.3
|East Asian Studies Group, Area Studies Center, 2006.4-2012.9|
|Associate Senior Research Fellow，2010.7|
|Research Fellow Sent Abroad (Nanjing), 2012.9-2014.9|
|East Asian Studies Group, Area Studies Center, 2014.10-2016.3|
|Business and Industry Studies Group, Inter-disciplinary Studies Center, 2016.3-2017.6|
|Business and Industry Studies Group, Development Studies Center, 2017.7-|
|Senior Research Fellow, 2021.7|
- "Service, relational governance, and the role of suppliers in global value chains: a case study of Japanese small suppliers in the Chinese market." IDE Discussion Paper, No. 765, 2020.
- "International protection of standard essential patents."(Coauthored with Dang, Jianwei, Byeongwoo Kang) In Technological Forecasting and Social Change 139, 2019, pp.75-86.
- "Platforms, Innovation and Capability Development in the Chinese Domestic Market" (Coauthored with John Humphrey, Mai Fujita, Shiro Hioki and Koichiro Kimura) In European Journal of Development Research, 30(3), 2018, pp.408-423.
- "Knowledge and Information Acquisition of Cluster Firms through Personal Networks and Value-Chain Linkages: A Case Study of China's Mobile Phone Manufacturing Industry"(Coauthored with Shiro Hioki), IDE Discussion Paper, No.698, 2018
- "The Role of a Technological Platform in Facilitating Innovation in the Global Value Chain: A Case Study of China's Mobile Phone Industry"(Coauthored with Shiro Hioki), IDE Discussion Paper, No.692, 2018
- "Agriculture, Food and Tourism Industrial Clusters in China" In Kuchiki, Akifumi, Tetsuo Mizobe, and Toshitaka Gokan, eds. A Multi-Industrial Linkages Approach to Cluster Building in East Asia: Targeting the Agriculture, Food, and Tourism Industry. Palgrave Macmillan, 2017.
- "Small business and the self-organization of a marketplace" (Coauthored with Toshitaka Gokan and Xiwei Zhu) Annals of Regional Science, 58(1), 2017, pp.1-19.
- "Heterogeneous Firms and Cost Sharing in China's Marketplaces" (Coauthored with Toshitaka Gokan and Xiwei Zhu) IDE Discussion Paper, No.582, 2016
- "The Specialized Market System: The Market Exploration of Small Businesses" In Watanabe, Mariko, ed. The Disintegration of Production. Cheltenham and Northampton: Edward Elgar, 2014
- "The Shanzhai Cell phone: Platforms and Small Business Dynamics"(Coauthored with Jiutang Pan) In Watanabe, Mariko, ed. The Disintegration of Production. Cheltenham and Northampton: Edward Elgar, 2014
- "Platforms and Firm Capabilities: A Study of Emerging Global Value Chains" IDE Discussion Paper, No.432, 2013
- Market Platforms, Industrial Clusters and Small Business Dynamics: Specialized Markets in China. Cheltenham and Northampton: Edward Elgar, 2012
- "Platforms, Network Effects and Small Business Dynamics in China: Case Study of the Shanzhai Cell Phone Industry" (Coauthored with Jiutang Pan) IDE Discussion Paper, No.302, 2011
- "Distribution System of China's Industrial Clusters: Case Study of Yiwu China Commodity City". In Ganne, Bernard and Yveline Lecler, ed. Asian Industrial Clusters, Global Competitiveness and New Policy Initiatives . Singapore: World Scientific, 2009.
- "The Role of the Specialized Markets in Upgrading Industrial Clusters in China". In Kuchiki, Akifumi and Masatsugu Tsuji, ed. From Agglomeration to Innovation: Upgrading Industrial Clusters in Emerging Economies. Longdon: Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
- Domestic Market-based Industrial Cluster Development in Modern China, Tokyo: IDE-JETRO, Discussion Paper No.88, February, 2007.
- Distribution System of China's Industrial Clusters: Case Study of Yiwu China Commodity City, Tokyo: IDE-JETRO, Discussion Paper No.75, October, 2006
Membership of Academic Societies
Japanese Association for Chinese Economy and Management Studies
Japan Academy of Small Business Studies