Seminar & Events
WTO Public Forum 2017 "Technological Innovation, Trade, and Workers in a Globalized World"
IDE-JETRO jointly organizes a Workshop with World Bank at WTO Public Forum 2017. This year's Public Forum will be held from September 26 to 28 under the theme of "Trade: Behind the Headlines".
Technological change and globalization appears to raise challenges for inclusiveness for some firms, workers and countries. The rise of Global Value Chains over the last 30 years has helped increase global inclusiveness in trade, and the multilateral trading system in turn has helped facilitate rapid economic growth and poverty reduction. How might global value chains contribute to both the process of disruption but also as a solution for the challenge of greater inclusiveness in the future? What kind of policies might help at the global, regional, country and local level to enhance GVC contributions to an inclusive trading world?
September 27, 2017 (Wednesday) 17:00-18:30 (local time)
Room W, WTO Headquarter, Geneva
- Yi XIAOZHUN (Deputy Director General, WTO)
- Anabel GONZALEZ (opening remarks) (Senior Director of the Trade and Competitiveness Global Practice, World Bank)
- Satoshi INOMATA (Chief Senior Researcher, IDE-JETRO)
- Magnus RENTZHOG (Senior Adviser, Swedish National Board of Trade)
- Mary HALLWARD-DRIEMEIER (Senior Advisor, Trade and Competitiveness GP, World Bank)
- David DOLLAR (Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution)
World Bank and IDE-JETRO (co-organizer)
* For more information, please visit:
Institutional Cooperation and Networking Division, Research Planning Department, IDE-JETRO