- “Five Growth Strategies for Myanmar,” co-authored with Toshihiro Kudo and Satoru Kumagai, Journal of Southeast Asian Economies , Vol.31, No.2, pp.173-194, August 2014
- ASEAN – India Connectivity: The Comprehensive Asia Development Plan, Phase II , co-edited with Fukunari Kimura, ERIA Research Project Report 2010, No.7, ERIA: Jakarta, December 2011.
- Deepening East Asian Economic Integration , co-edited with Jenny Corbett, ERIA Research Project Report 2008-1, March 2009, Chapter 1, pp.1-57.
- “Monetary Policy in a Small Open Economy: The Case of Malaysia,” The Developing Economies , vol. XLV, no.4, pp.437-464, December 2007.
- "Outline of the PAIR China-Hong Kong Link Model,"in Klein, Lawrence R. and Shinichi Ichimura eds., Economic Modeling of China , Singapore: World Scientific, pp.151-200.
- "Economic Crisis and the Central Government Debt," in Masami Ishida ed., Indonesia: Challenges toward Recovery , Chiba: IDE-JETRO, March 2005, pp.75-102.
- "Toward Fiscal Consolidation," in Masami Ishida ed., Indonesia: Challenges toward Recovery , Chiba: IDE-JETRO, March 2005, pp.104-124.
- "Bumiptra Policy and Income Distribution," Ajiken World Trend , Chiba: IDE-JETRO, April 2004.
- "Monetary and Exchange Rate Policies in Malaysia before the Asian Currency Crisis," Hisayuki Mitsuo ed., Monetary Policy Regimes and Currency Crises, Chiba: IDE, December 2003, pp.3-134.
- "Malaysia Wants Three Hares," Ajiken World Trend , Chiba: IDE-JETRO, October 2003.
- "Environmental ODA and Technology Transfers," Ajiken World Trend , Chiba: IDE-JETRO, January 2003.
- "A Trade Link Model of China and Hong Kong: A Simulation Analysis of Devaluation," in Mitsuru Toida and Daisuke Hiratsuka eds., Projections for Asian Industrializing Region -1999- , Tokyo: IDE, pp.151-195.