Education / Research Experience
|Ph.D. Candidate in Economics, Graduated School of Economics, Nagoya University, 1999-2005|
|M.A. in Economics, Graduated school of Economics, Nagoya University, 1999|
|B.S. in Computer Sciences, Department of Information and Computer Sciences, Toyohashi University of Technology, 1997|
|Adjunct lecturer, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, 2003 April-2007 March|
|Fellow researcher, International Research Center, Aichi Gakuin University, 2005 April-2006 January|
|Fellow researcher, Development Studies Center, Institute of Developing Economies, 2006 April - 2011 March|
|Fellow researcher, Inter-disciplinary Studies Center, Institute of Developing Economies, 2011 April - 2011 September|
|Research Fellow Sent Abroad (Lund), 2011 October - 2013 October|
|Fellow researcher, Economic Integration Studies Group, Inter-disciplinary Studies Center, 2013 November - 2016 April|
|Bangkok Research Center, 2016 April -|
- Keola, Souknilanh, Magnus Andersson, and Ola Hall. 2015 "Monitoring Economic Development from Space: Using Nighttime Light and Land Cover Data to Measure Economic Growth", World Development , 66, 322-334.
- Kumagai, Satoru, Kazunobu Hayakawa, Ikumo Isono, Souknilanh Keola, and Kenmei Tsubota. 2013. "Geographical Simulation Analysis for Logistics Enhancement in Asia". Economic Modelling , 34(C), 145-153.
- Keola, Souknilanh. 2013. "Impacts of Cross-Border Infrastructure Developments: The Case of First and Second Lao-Thai Mekong Friendship Bridges". In Masami Ishida (ed.), Border Economies in the Greater Mekong Subregion , 163-185, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Keola, Souknilanh, Kazunobu Hayakawa, and Kiyoyasu Tanaka. 2012. "Economic Integration and Industrial Location in Laos: How Has Border Mattered?". In Ikuo Kuroiwa (ed.), Economic Integration and the Location of Industries: The Case of Less Developed East Asian Countreis , 121-149,
- Keola, Souknilanh. 2012. "The 7th Five-Year Socio-Economic Development Plan (2011-2015): Energy-Resource Dependent Economic Development". In Norihiko Yamada (ed.), The 9th Congress of the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party and Next Development Strategies , Spot Survey No. 16, 47-68. IDE-JETRO (Japanese).
- Keola, Souknilanh. 2011. "Fiscal Income and State-Owned Enterprises: Nationalization, Privatization, and Commercialization". In Norihiko Yamada (ed.), Nation State Building in Lao PDR: Between Ideal and Reality , IDE Research Series No. 595, 193-228, IDE-JETRO (Japanese).
- Keola, Souknilanh. 2010. "International Fragmentation in Laos: Pattern, Progress and Prospects". In Daisuke Hiratsuka, and Yoko Uchida (eds.), Input Trade and Production Networks in East Asia , 181-203, Edward Elgar.
- Keola, Souknilanh. 2007. "East West Economic Corridor and Laos: The impact of 2nd Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge". In Masami Ishida, and Toshihiro Kudo (eds.) Economic Cooperation in the Greater Mekong Sub-region: Realizing 3 Economic Corridors . IDE Jousei bunseki Series No. 4, 134-156, IDE-JETRO (Japanese).
- Keola, Souknilanh. 2005. "Privatization in the Transition to Market Economy: The Case of the Military-operated Mountainous Region Development Company (BPKP)". In Naoko Amakawa, and Norihiko Yamada (eds.), Laos: Transformation to the Market Economy under a Single-Party Regime . IDE Research Series No. 545, 223-273, IDE-JETRO (Japanese).
Membership of Academic Societies