- Kudo, Yuya, Abu S. Shonchoy and Kazushi Takahashi, "Short-term Impacts of Solar Lanterns on Child Health: Experimental Evidence from Bangladesh," Journal of Development Studies, forthcoming.
- Kudo, Yuya, Abu S. Shonchoy and Kazushi Takahashi, "Can Solar Lanterns Improve Youth Academic Performance? Experimental Evidence from Bangladesh," The World Bank Economic Review, forthcoming (Awarded the Albert Berry Prize 2016 at the Canadian Economics Association Conference).
- Kudo, Yuya, 2017,"Missionary Influence on Marriage Practices: Evidence from the Livingstonia Mission in Malawi," Journal of African Economies, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 372-431.
- Kudo, Yuya, 2015, "Female Migration for Marriage: Implications from the Land Reform in Rural Tanzania," World Development, January 2015, Vol. 65, pp. 41-61. (221KB)
Working Papers and Work in Progress
- "Community policing in Africa" (in progress).
- "Monitoring the Quality of Electricity Service in Developing Countries" with João Pedro Azevedo and William Seiz (in progress).
- "Female Genital Cutting and Long-term Adjustment of Marriage Markets: Evidence from West Africa" (in progress, 1st draft available upon request).
- "Why Is the Practice of Levirate Marriage Disappearing in Africa? HIV/AIDS as an Agent of Institutional Change," Discussion Paper No.627, January 2017.
- "Malaria Infection and Infant Mortality during the War: Evidence from Liberia," (3.13MB) (An earlier version is Discussion Paper No. 556, February 2016).
- "Stigma, Social Relationship and HIV Testing in the Workplace: Evidence from South Africa," (with Yutaka Arimoto, Seiro Ito, and Kazunari Tsukada) Discussion Paper No.386, February 2013.
- Impacts of an HIV Counselling and Testing Initiative: Results from an Experimental Intervention in South Africa," (with Yutaka Arimoto, Narumi Hori, Seiro Ito, and Kazunari Tsukada) CEI Working Paper Series No. 2011-13, March 2012.
- "Returns to Migration：The Role of Educational Attainment in Rural Tanzania," Discussion Paper No.322, February 2012.
- Hayami Conference 2016, December 2016 (Tokyo).
- The 2nd Hitotsubashi Summer Institute, August 2016 (Tokyo).
- 2016 NOVAFRICA Conference on Economic Development in Africa, July 2016 (Lisbon).
- ASREC (Association for the Study of Religion, Economics, and Culture) Conference, March 2016 (Chapman) and 2015 (Boston).
- NEUDC (Northeast Universities Development Consortium) Conference, November 2013 (Harvard) and 2011 (Yale).
- PacDev (Pacific Conference for Development Economics), San Francisco State University, March 2013.
- 5th International Conference: Migration & Development (organized by AFD, CGD and the World Bank), AFD, June 2012.
- CSAE (Centre for the Study of African Economies) Conference: Economic Development in Africa, University of Oxford, March 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2011, and 2010.
- The Royal Economic Society Annual Conference, University of London, April 2011.
- 3rd International Conference: Migration & Development (organized by AFD, PSE and the World Bank), Paris School of Economics, September 2010.