Microeconomic Analysis Studies Group, Development Studies Center
Development economics, Applied microeconometrics
Education / Research Experience
|DPhil in Economics, University of Oxford, UK, 2011|
|MPhil in Economics, University of Oxford, UK, 2009|
|MSc in Economics, London School of Economics(LSE), UK, 2006|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Development Studies, Institute of Developing Economies Advanced School (IDEAS), Japan, 2005|
|BA in Business and Commerce, Keio University, Japan, 1999|
|Qualified to be Japan’s Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 2002|
|Research Fellow, Institute of Developing Economies (IDE-JETRO), Jan 2011-|
|Statutory Auditor/ IPO Consultant, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Japan, 1999-2004|
Working Papers and Work in Progress
- "Female Genital Cutting, Marriage, and Sexual behavior in Africa," (in progress).
- "Why is Levirate Marriage Eroding in Africa?"(in progress).
- "Health Benefits of Solar Lanterns: Experimental Evidence from Bangladesh," (with Abu S. Shonchoy and Kazushi Takahashi) (in progress).
- "Malaria Infection and Infant Mortality during the War: Evidence from Liberia," (An earlier version is Discussion Paper No. 556, February 2016). (3.16MB)
- "Can Solar Lanterns Improve Youth Academic Performance? Experimental Evidence from Bangladesh," (with Abu S. Shonchoy and Kazushi Takahashi) (An earlier version is Discussion Paper No. 502, March 2015). (324KB)
- "Missionary Influence on Marriage Practices: Evidence from the Livingstonia Mission in Malawi," (An earlier version is Discussion Paper No. 477, September 2014). (1.37MB)
- "Stigma, Social Relationship and HIV Testing in the Workplace: Evidence from South Africa," (with Yutaka Arimoto, Seiro Ito, and Kazunari Tsukada) Discussion Paper No.386, February 2013.
- Impacts of an HIV Counselling and Testing Initiative: Results from an Experimental Intervention in South Africa,” (with Yutaka Arimoto, Narumi Hori, Seiro Ito, and Kazunari Tsukada) CEI Working Paper Series No. 2011-13, March 2012.
- “Returns to Migration：The Role of Educational Attainment in Rural Tanzania,” Discussion Paper No.322, February 2012.
- 2016 NOVAFRICA Conference on Economic Development in Africa, July 2016 (Lisbon).
- ASREC (Association for the Study of Religion, Economics, and Culture) Conference, March 2016 (Chapman) and 2015 (Boston).
- NEUDC (Northeast Universities Development Consortium) Conference, November 2013 (Harvard) and 2011 (Yale).
- PacDev (Pacific Conference for Development Economics), San Francisco State University, March 2013.
- 5th International Conference: Migration & Development (organized by AFD, CGD and the World Bank), AFD, June 2012.
- CSAE (Centre for the Study of African Economies) Conference: Economic Development in Africa, University of Oxford, March 2016, 2014, 2012, 2011, and 2010.
- The Royal Economic Society Annual Conference, University of London, April 2011.
- 3rd International Conference: Migration & Development (organized by AFD, PSE and the World Bank), Paris School of Economics, September 2010.