Deputy Director, Financial and Macroeconomic Analysis Studies Group, Development Studies Center
Macroeconomics, Applied General Equilibrium Analysis
Education / Research Experience
|B.A. in Economics, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan, 1994|
|Master in International Public Policy, March 1996, Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University, 1996|
|Ph.D. Candidate in International Public Policy, March 1999, Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University, 1999|
|Visiting Research Fellow, Osaka Prefectural Institute for Advanced Industry, 1996-1998|
|Research Fellow, Department of Development Research, Institute of Developing Economies, 1998|
|Visiting Faculty, Department of Applied Economics, University of Minnesota, 2003-2006|
|International Economics Studies Group, Development Studies Center, 2006-2011|
|Economic and Social Perspective Studies Group, Development Studies Center, 2011-|
- "Is It Worthwhile for Indonesia to Rush into a Free Trade Deal with Japan?" IDE Discussion Paper, No. 92, IDE-JETRO, Japan, 2007.
- "Data Estimation in Asian International Input-Output Table ? Focusing on Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand," (Coauthored), GTAP 6 Data Package Documentation, III.11.F, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Purdue University, 2005.
- "Forward-Looking Effects of Trade Liberalization between Japan and ASEAN Members: In the Framework of Ramsey-Cass-Koopmans Type Economic Growth," paper presented to the 7th Annual Conference on Global Economic Analysis, the World Bank, Washington, D.C., 2004.
- "What Effect Will Trade Liberalization between Japan and ASEAN Members Have Over Time?," Towards ASEAN-Japan Comprehensive Economic Partnership, I. Yamazawa and D. Hiratsuka (eds.), IDE-JETRO, Japan, 2003.
- "Dynamic Impacts of Trade Liberalization on Foreign Direct Investment," paper presented to the 6th Annual Conference on Global Economic Analysis, The Hague, The Netherlands, 2003.
- "A Note on Data Adjustments to Include Foreign Direct Investment in an Applied General Equilibrium Model of Global Trade," International Migration in APEC Member Economies ? Its Relations with Trade, Investment and Economic Development, Y. Hayase (ed.), APEC Study Center, IDE-JETRO, Japan, 2003.
- "Dynamic Impacts of Trade Liberalization: In the Framework of Endogenous Growth with Productive Public Capital," paper presented to the 5th Annual Conference on Global Economic Analysis, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan, 2002.
- "Dynamic Impacts of Trade Liberalization on Multi-National Enterprises and Labor Markets," A Study on Trade, Investment and International Labor Migration in the APEC Member Economies, Y. Hayase (ed.), APEC Study Center, IDE-JETRO, Japan, pp. 57-91, 2002.
Membership of Academic SocietiesJapanese Economic Association
Japan Section of the Regional Science Association