Education / Research Experience
|Grauated from Kyoto University, Faculty of Law, Mar 1988|
|M.A. from School of Development Studies, University of East Anglia, Sept 1994|
|Joined Institute of Developing Economies, Oct 1994|
|Research Promotion Department, Oct 1994-Mar 1996|
|African Studies Group, Area Studies Center, Apr 1996-Aug 2009|
|Visiting Researcher at the Institute of Development Research, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia, Apr 1997-Sep 1999|
|Research Fellow Sent Abroad (Bath), Sep 2009-Dec 2010|
|Research Fellow Sent Abroad (Addis Ababa), Jan 2011-Sep 2011|
|African Studies Group, Area Studies Center, Oct 2011-|
Major works in English
- 2012 “Young Women’s Economic Daily Lives in Rural Ethiopia” (Discussion Paper No.344), Institute of Developing Economies, Tokyo.
- 2010 “The Effects of Fair Trade on Coffee Producers: A Case Study of Ethiopian Coffee Cooperatives”, in Aspen, H., Birhanu Teferra, Shiferaw Bekele, and S. Ege eds., 2010. Research In Ethiopian Studies: Selected papers of the 16th International Conference of Ethiopian Studies, Trondheim July 2007, Wiesbaden: Harrassowitz Verlag.
- 2007 “New Role of Cooperatives in Ethiopia: the Case of Ethiopian Coffee Farmers Cooperatives”, African Study Monographs Supplementary Issue, No.35, pp.87-109.
- 2006 “ Poverty Analysis of Ethiopian Females in the Amhara Region: Utilizing BMI as an Indicator of Poverty ” (Discussion Paper No.80), Institute of Developing Economies, Tokyo.
- 2003 “ The Sheepskin Marketing Channel in Ethiopia after Liberalization: The Survival Strategies of the Participants ”, Nilo-Ethiopian Studies, No.8-9; pp.61-75
Membership of Academic Societies
Development Studies Association (UK)
Japan Association for African Studies, Japan Association for Nilo-Ethiopian Studies，Japan Society for International Development