Education / Research Experience
|BA with Honours in Politics and Economics, University of London, UK, June 1990.|
|MSc in Development Economics, University of Oxford, UK, July 1991.|
|PhD in Economics, Hitotsubashi University, Japan, March 2014.|
|1991||Research Planning Division, IDE-JETRO.|
|1992||Statistical Research Department.|
|2000-02||Visiting Research Fellow, University of London.|
|2006||Director, Microeconomic Analysis Group, Development Studies Center, IDE-JETRO.|
|2011||Director, International Input-Output Analysis Studies Group, Development Studies Center.|
|2013||Chief Senior Researcher, Development Studies Center.|
|2017 -||Current position.|
Other professional activities:
|A member of the Editorial Board of Economic Systems Research (2012.10 -),|
|A member of the Council Board of the International Input-Output Association (2013.01 -),|
|A member of the Editorial Board of Global Value Chain Development Report (2016.03 -).|
- Escaith, H. and S. Inomata eds. (2011), Trade Patterns and Global Value Chains in East Asia, WTO/IDE-JETRO, WTO Publication, Geneva.
- Inomata, S. ed. (2011), Asia beyond the Global Economic Crisis, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham.
Articles (for the last five years only, NOT including working papers/internal report)
- Inomata, S. (2017), "Multi-country Supply and Use Tables and Input-Output Tables", in Handbook on Supply and Use and Input-Output Tables with Extensions and Applications, Chapter 17, The United Nations, New York.
- Escaith, H., S. Inomata, and S. Miroudot (2017), "The evolution of production networks in the Asia Pacific", PAFTAD Conference Series 38, The Pacific Trade and Development Conference.
- Inomata, S. (2017), "Analytical frameworks for global value chains: An overview", Global Value Chain Development Report 2017, Chapter 1, The World Bank Group, Washington D.C.
- Lenzen, M., A. Geschke, M. Daaniyall Abd Rahman, Y. Xiao, J. Fry, R. Reyes, E. Dietzenbacher, S. Inomata, K. Kanemoto, B. Los, D. Moran, H. S. in den Bäumen, A. Tukker, T. Walmsley, T. Wiedmann, R. Wood, and N. Yamano (2017), “The Global MRIO Lab – charting the world economy”, in A. Geschke and M. Hadjikakou eds., Economic Systems Research, Special Issue on Virtual Laboratories for Collaboratibve Input-Output Analysis, Vol. 29, No. 2, Routledge, Colchester.
- Inomata, S. (2016), "An Alternative Measurement for International Fragmentation of Production Process: An International Input-Output Approach", in Y. Xing ed. Uncovering Value Added in Trade: New Approaches to Analyzing Global Value Chains, Published by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., Copyright by Asian Development Bank Institute, Tokyo.
- Inomata, S. and A. Owen (2014), "Editorial: A Comparative Evaluation of Databases", in Inomata, S. and A. Owen eds., Economic Systems Research: Special Issue on A Comparative Evaluation of Multi-Regional Input-Output Databases, Vol. 26, No. 3, Routledge, Colchester.
- Inomata, S. (2014) "Trade in value added: concept, development, and an East Asian perspective", in Baldwin et.al eds., A World Trade Organization for the 21st Century, Chap.3, pp.48-70, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, Copyright by Asian Development Bank Institute, Tokyo.
- Suder, G., P. W. Liesch, S. Inomata, I. Mihailoca and B. Meng (2014), "The evolving geography of production hubs and regional value chains across East Asia: Trade in value-added", Journal of World Business, Vol. 49.
- Escaith, H. and S. Inomata (2013), "Geometry of global value chains in East Asia: the role of industrial networks and trade policies", in Elms, D. K. and P. Low eds., Global value chains in a changing world, WTO Publication, Geneva.
- Inomata, S. and B. Meng (2013), "Transnational Interregional Input-Output Tables: An Alternative Approach to MRIO?", in Murray, J. and M. Lenzen eds., The Sustainability Practitioner’s Guide to Multi-Regional Input-Output Analysis, Common Ground Publishing LLC, Illinois.
- Meng, B., Y. Zhang and S. Inomata (2013), "Compilation and Application of IDE-JETRO’s International Input-Output Tables", in Dietzenbacher, E. and A. Tukker eds., Economic Systems Research: Special Issue on Global Multiregional Input-Output Frameworks, Vol. 25, No. 1, Routledge, Colchester.
- Inomata, S., B. Meng and N. Yamano (2013), "Developing International Input-Output Database: IDE-JETRO and OECD Experience", in Mattoo, A. et al eds., Trade in Value Added: Developing New Measures of Cross-Border Trade, The World Bank.