Chief Senior Researcher, Development Studies Center
International input-output analysis, Global value chains analysis, Trade in value-added analysis
Education / Research Experience
|BA with Honours in Politics and Economics, University of London, UK, July 1991.|
|MSc in Development Economics, University of Oxford, UK, September 1992.|
|PhD in Economics, Hitotsubashi University, Japan, March 2014.|
|Research Planning Division, October 1992.|
|Visiting Research Fellow, University of London, April 2000.|
|Research Planning Department, April 2002.|
|Director, Microeconomic Analysis Group, Development Studies Centre, April 2006.|
|Director, International Input-Output Analysis Studies Group, Development Studies Centre, April 2011.|
|Chief Senior Researcher, Institute of Developing Economies, Development Studies Centre, April 2013.|
|A member of the Council Board of the International Input-Output Association,
|A member of the Editorial Board of Economic Systems Research,|
|A member of the Editorial Board of the United Nations Handbook of Supply and Use Table.|
(for the last 5 years) :
- Inomata, S. and A. Owen (2014), “Editorial: A Comparative Evaluation of Databases”, in Inomata, S. and A. Owen eds., Economic Systems Research: Special Issue on A Comparative Evaluation of Multi-Regional Input-Output Databases, Vol. 26, No. 3, Routledge, Colchester.
- Inomata, S. (2014), “Trade in value-added: An East Asian Perspective”, in Baldwin, R. et al eds., The Future of the Worlds Trading Systems: Asian Perspective, AVocEU.org Book, Centre for Economic Policy Research, London.
- Suder, G., P. W. Liesch, S. Inomata, I. Mihailoca and B. Meng (2014), “The evolving geography of production hubs and regional value chains across East Asia: Trade in value-added”, Journal of World Business, Vol. 49.
- Escaith, H. and S. Inomata (2013), “Geometry of global value chains in East Asia: the role of industrial networks and trade policies”, in Elms, D. K. and P. Low eds., Global value chains in a changing world, WTO Publication, Geneva.
- Inomata, S. and B. Meng (2013), “Transnational Interregional Input-Output Tables: An Alternative Approach to MRIO?”, in Murray, J. and M. Lenzen eds., The Sustainability Practitioner’s Guide to Multi-Regional Input-Output Analysis, Common Ground Publishing LLC, Illinois.
- Meng, B., Y. Zhang and S. Inomata (2013), “Compilation and Application of IDE-JETRO’s International Input-Output Tables”, in Dietzenbacher, E. and A. Tukker eds., Economic Systems Research: Special Issue on Global Multiregional Input-Output Frameworks, Vol. 25, No. 1, Routledge, Colchester.
- Inomata, S., B. Meng and N. Yamano (2013), “Developing International Input-Output Database: IDE-JETRO and OECD Experience”, in Mattoo, A. et al eds., Trade in Value Added: Developing New Measures of Cross-Border Trade, The World Bank.
- Escaith, H. and S. Inomata eds. (2011), Trade Patterns and Global Value Chains in East Asia, WTO/IDE-JETRO, WTO Publication, Geneva.
- Inomata, S. eds. (2011), Asia beyond the Global Economic Crisis, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham.