Bangkok Research Center
International Trade, Foreign Direct Investment, Spatial Economics
Education / Research Experience
|B.A. in Economics, Keio University, Japan, March 2003|
|M.A. in Economics, Keio University, Japan, March 2005|
|Ph.D. in Economics, Keio University, Japan, March 2008|
|Career in the Past:
- Chang, K., Hayakawa, K., Matsuura, T., 2013, Location Choice of Multinational Enterprises in China: Comparison between Japan and Taiwan, Forthcoming in Papers in Regional Science.
- Hayakawa, K., 2013, Does the Use of Multiple FTAs Force Firms to Raise Local Input Share?: Evidence of the Spaghetti Bowl Phenomenon, Economic Modelling, 33: 458–461.
- Hayakawa, K., Matsuura, T., Motohashi, K., and Obashi, A., 2013, A Two-dimensional Analysis of the Impact of Outward FDI on Performance at Home: Evidence from Japanese Manufacturing Firm, Japan and the World Economy, 27: 25-33.
- Hayakawa, K., 2013, How Serious is the Omission of Bilateral Tariff Rates in Gravity?, Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, 27: 81-94.
- Hayakawa, K., Kimura, F., and Machikita, T., 2012, Globalization and Productivity: A Survey of Firm-level Analysis, Journal of Economic Surveys, 26(2): 332-350.
- Hayakawa, K., 2011, Measuring Fixed Costs for Firms’ Use of a Free Trade Agreement: Threshold Regression Approach, Economics Letters, 113(3): 301-303.
- Kimura, F., Takahashi, Y., and Hayakawa, K., 2007, Fragmentation and Parts and Components Trade: Comparison between East Asia and Europe, North American Journal of Economics and Finance, 18(1): 23-40.