Bangkok Research Center
International Trade, Foreign Direct Investment, Spatial Economics
Education / Research Experience
|B.A. in Economics, Keio University, Japan, March 2003|
|M.A. in Economics, Keio University, Japan, March 2005|
|Ph.D. in Economics, Keio University, Japan, March 2008|
|Career in the Past:
- Hayakawa, K., Impacts of FTA Utilization on Firm Performance, Forthcoming in the B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy.
- Hayakawa, K. and Kimura, F., How Much Do Free Trade Agreements Reduce Impediments to Trade?, Forthcoming in Open Economies Review.
- Hayakawa, K. and Matsuura, T., Trade Liberalization in Asia and FDI Strategies in Heterogeneous Firms: Evidence from Japanese Firm-level Data, Forthcoming in Oxford Economic Papers.
- Chang, K., Hayakawa, K., Matsuura, T., 2014, Location Choice of Multinational Enterprises in China: Comparison between Japan and Taiwan, Papers in Regional Science, 93(3), 521-537.
- Hayakawa, K., 2014, Impact of Diagonal Cumulation Rule on FTA Utilization: Evidence from Bilateral and Multilateral FTAs between Japan and Thailand, Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, 32, 1-16.
- Hayakawa, K., Kimura, F., and Machikita, T., 2012, Globalization and Productivity: A Survey of Firm-level Analysis, Journal of Economic Surveys, 26(2), 332-350.
- Hayakawa, K., 2011, Measuring Fixed Costs for Firms’ Use of a Free Trade Agreement: Threshold Regression Approach, Economics Letters, 113(3), 301-303.