Overseas Research Fellow (Singapore)
International Trade, Foreign Direct Investment, Spatial Economics
Education / Research Experience
|B.A. in Economics, Keio University, Japan, March 2003|
|M.A. in Economics, Keio University, Japan, March 2005|
|Ph.D. in Economics, Keio University, Japan, March 2008|
|Career in the Past:
- Hayakawa, K., Laksanapanyakul, N., and Urata, S., Measuring the Costs of FTA Utilization: Evidence from Transaction-Level Import Data of Thailand, Forthcoming in the Review of World Economics.
- Hayakawa, K., Ito, T., and Kimura, F., 2016, Trade Creation Effects of Regional Trade Agreements: Tariff Reduction versus Non-tariff Barrier Removal, Review of Development Economics, 20(1): 317-326.
- Hayakawa, K., 2015, Impacts of FTA Utilization on Firm Performance, B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy, 15(3): 1325-1352.
- Hayakawa, K. and Kimura, F., 2015, How Much Do Free Trade Agreements Reduce Impediments to Trade?, Open Economies Review, 26(4):711-729.
- Hayakawa, K. and Matsuura, T., 2015, Trade Liberalization in Asia and FDI Strategies in Heterogeneous Firms: Evidence from Japanese Firm-level Data, Oxford Economic Papers, 67(2), 494–513.
- Hayakawa, K., Kimura, F., and Machikita, T., 2012, Globalization and Productivity: A Survey of Firm-level Analysis, Journal of Economic Surveys, 26(2), 332-350.
- Hayakawa, K., 2011, Measuring Fixed Costs for Firms’ Use of a Free Trade Agreement: Threshold Regression Approach, Economics Letters, 113(3), 301-303.