Bangkok Research Center
International Trade, Foreign Direct Investment, Spatial Economics
Education / Research Experience
|B.A. in Economics, Keio University, Japan, March 2003|
|M.A. in Economics, Keio University, Japan, March 2005|
|Ph.D. in Economics, Keio University, Japan, March 2008|
|Career in the Past:
- Chang, K., Hayakawa, K., Matsuura, T., 2013, Location Choice of Multinational Enterprises in China: Comparison between Japan and Taiwan, Forthcoming in Papers in Regional Science.
- Hayakawa, K., Kimura, F., and Machikita, T., 2012, Globalization and Productivity: A Survey of Firm-level Analysis, Journal of Economic Surveys, 26(2): 332-350.
- Hayakawa, K., 2011, Measuring Fixed Costs for Firms’ Use of a Free Trade Agreement: Threshold Regression Approach, Economics Letters, 113(3): 301-303.
- Hayakawa, K. and Matsuura, T., 2011, Complex Vertical FDI and Firm Heterogeneity: Evidence from East Asia, Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, 25(3): 273-289.
- Kimura, F., Takahashi, Y., and Hayakawa, K., 2007, Fragmentation and Parts and Components Trade: Comparison between East Asia and Europe, North American Journal of Economics and Finance, 18(1): 23-40.