IDEAS Entrance Ceremony (October 2, 2015)
IDE Advanced School (IDEAS) was founded in 1990 for the purpose of training front-line development specialists in the field of economic development and economic cooperation.
IDE Advanced School Facebook account :
IDE Advanced School Facebook account :
Please direct inquiries or comments toIDEAS Secretariat, IDE-JETRO
- Ms. Rie Makita (Rikkyo University: graduated in 1993) contributed “Chapter 14: Organic Agriculture from the Perspective of Small Farmers’ Livelihood Strategies: Two Cases from Central and South India” in Singh, R.B. and Pawel Prokop, eds., Environmental Geography of South Asia: Contributions Toward a Future Earth Initiative, Springer, 2016.
- Mr. Phuntsho Rapten (Bhutan: graduated in 2003) was appointed by His Majesty the King of Bhutan an eminent member of the upper house of the parliament on December 7, 2015.
- The 25th batch overseas fellows started training in IDEAS (October 2, 2015).
- Mr. Yasuhisa Yamamoto （ESCWA: graduated in 1994 ）contributed “Chapter 8: Monetary Regimes and Socioeconomic Stability: A Missing Link in the 'Arab Spring'?” in Ali Kadri, ed., Development Challenges and Solutions After the Arab Spring, Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.
- The 26th batch Japanese fellows started training in IDEAS (September 1, 2015).
- Mr. Paul Edward E. Tajon (Board of Investment, the Philippines: graduated in 2013) was honored as Best Employee of the Year (August 2015).
- Mr. Sonam Tobgyal (Gross National Happiness Commission, Bhutan: graduated in 2013) is awarded fellowship of the IDE as a Visiting Research Fellow from August 2015 through February 2016 (August 19, 2015).
- Mr. Masahiko Haraguchi (Ph. D. student, Department of Earth and Environmental Engineering, Columbia University: graduated in 2007) published a joint article entitled “Flood risks and impacts: A case study of Thailand’s floods in 2011 and research questions for supply chain decision making”, International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction (in press).
- The 25th batch Japanese fellows graduated from IDEAS. The graduation ceremony was held on July 17, 2015.
- Ms. Rie Makita (Rikkyo University: graduated in 1993) contributed “Chapter 28: Fair trade and plantation workers in Asia” in Laura T. Raynolds and Elizabeth A. Bennett, eds., Handbook of Research on Fair Trade, Edward Elgar, 2015.
- Mr. Takayuki Watanabe (JICA Research Institute: graduated in 2011) jointly wrote a working paper entitled “The Effect of Disability and Gender on Returns to the Investment in Education: A Case from Metro Manila of the Philippines” (April, 2015).
- The 24th batch overseas fellows graduated from IDEAS. The graduation ceremony was held on March 13, 2015.
- Mr. Yuya Kudo (IDE-JETRO: graduated in 2005) published an article entitled “Female Migration for Marriage: Implications from the Land Reform in Rural Tanzania” on World Development (Volume 65, January 2015).
- Mr. Takaaki Kizu (International Labour Organization: graduated in 2013) jointly wrote a report entitled Labour Market Transitions of Young Women and Men in Uganda, published by ILO in December 2014.
- Mr. Takaaki Kizu (International Labour Organization: graduated in 2013) jointly wrote a report entitled Labour Market Transitions of Young Women and Men in the United Republic of Tanzania , published by ILO in December 2014.
- Ms. Yuko Tsujita (IDE-JETRO: graduated in 1998) edited a book entitled Inclusive Growth and Development in India: Challenges for Underdeveloped Regions and the Underclass, Palgrave Macmillan, 2014.
- Mr. Toshihiro Kudo’s (IDE-JETRO: graduated in 1993) academic paper was cited in the article entitled “Gap Dipping Toes in Myanmar” on Wall Street Journal (June 9, 2014).
- Mr. Toshihiro Kudo (IDE-JETRO: graduated in 1993) contributed a chapter entitled “Myanmar: Promised Growth with Restored Market Access?” in Takahiro Fukunishi and Tatsufumi Yamagata eds., The Garment Industry in Low-Income Countries, Palgrave Macmillan, 2014.