Education / Research Experience
|Bachelor's degree, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo, 1986|
|Master's degree, Department of Economics, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, 1991|
|Economic Cooperation Research Department, IDE, 1986-1989|
|Area Studies Department/Area Studies Department I, IDE, 1993-2001|
|Visiting Scholar, Institute of Sociology, Academia Sinica, Taiwan, 2001-2003|
|Inter-disciplinary Studies Center, IDE, 2003-|
|Director, Business and Industry Studies Group, Inter-disciplinary Studies Center, IDE, 2011-|
|Deputy Director-General, Inter-disciplinary Studies Center, 2014-2014.6|
|Director-General, Inter-disciplinary Studies Center, 2014.7-|
- "President Chain Store Corporation's Hsu Chong-Jen: A Case Study of a Salaried Manager in Taiwan" IDE Discussion Paper Series No.41, 2005
- "Democratization and Financial Reform in Taiwan: The Political Economy of Bad-Loan Creation," The Developing Economies , Vol. 40 No. 3, September 2002.
- "Taiwan's Multidimensional Transformation in the 1990s: Introduction," The Developing Economies , Vol. 40 No. 3, September 2002.
- "Economic Crisis and Korea/Taiwan," (with Makoto ABE and Mamoru NAGANO) IDE Spot Survey , 1999.
- "The Bicycle Industries in Taiwan and Japan: A Preliminary Study toward Comparison between Taiwanese and Japanese Industrial Development," (with Lu-Lin CHENG) IDE Joint Research Program Series , No. 124, 1998.
- "Diverging Development Paths of the Electronics Industry in Korea and Taiwan," The Developing Economies , Vol. 35 No. 4, December 1997.
- "A Comparative Study of Development Mechanisms in Korea and Taiwan: Introductonary Analysis," (with Tamio HATTORI) The Developing Economies , Vol. 35 No. 4, December 1997.
Membership of Academic Societies
Japan Association for Asian Studies, Japan Association for Taiwan Studies, Japan Association for Modern China Studies, Taiwan Economic Association, Taiwanese Sociological Association.