Middle Eastern Studies Group, Area Studies Center
Turkish Studies, Family and Gender Studies
Education / Research Experience
|B.A. in History, Tokyo University, 1990|
|M.A. in Urban and Environmental Studies, Ankara University, 1999|
|Joined the IDE, 1990 April|
|Junior Overseas Researcher in Ankara, Turkey, 1994 December -1996 December|
|Area Studies Center, Middle Eastern Studies Group, 2003-2006|
|Senior Overseas Researcher in Istanbul, 2006 September-2007 September|
|Senior Overseas Researcher in New York, 2007 September-2008 September|
|Area Studies Center, Middle Eastern Studies Group, 2008 November-|
- “Moral Language and the Politics of Need Interpretation: The Urban Poor and Social Assistance in Turkey,” Turkish Studies, 15(2), 2014.
- "Is There a Place for Women in the Nationalist Project? Feminist Insight in Japan and Turkey", Aysegul Mengi (der.) Demokrasi ve Politika: Hukuk Yonetim ve Iktisat Uzerine, Imge Kitabevi Yayinlar?, 2007.
- "Nation State, Family and Gender : Recent Studies in Japan and Turkey", Mayumi Murayama (ed.) Gender and Development: Japanese Experiences and Developing Countries, Palgrave Macmillan,2005.
- "'Burada Aile Ortami' Var : Yoksul Kadinlarin Emek Surecine Katilimi ve Namus Kavrami", Gonul Pultar ve Tahire Erman (der.), Turk(iye) Kulturleri, Tetragon Yayinlari, 2005.
- “Reorganization of citizenship and government of the urban poor in Turkey,” Ajia Keizai, vol.55, no.2, 2014.
- “Experiences of marriage, subsistence, and love among poor women in urban Turkey: a note for rethinking namus,” Ajia Keizai, vol.54, no.3, 2013.
- "Social assistance and the urban poor in Turkey: politics over 'the deserving poor'", Ajia Keizai, vol.52, no.4, 2011.