Education / Research Experience
|B.Eng. in Transportation Engineering, Xi'an Highway University, Jul. 1995|
|M.Sc. in Economics, Yamaguchi University, Mar. 2000|
|Ph.D. in Information Sciences, Tohoku University, Sep. 2005|
|Assistant Economist, Xi'an Highway University, Jul. 1995-Oct. 1996|
|Joined the IDE (Researcher with Limited Term), Oct. 2004|
|Joined the IDE (Present Position), Apr. 2006|
|Research Fellow Sent Abroad (OECD, Paris), Mar. 2009|
|International Input-Output Analysis Studies Group, Development Studies Center, Apr. 2011|
|Deputy Director, International Input-Output Analysis Studies Group, Development Studies Center, Apr. 2013|
Major Works： (2008 - )
- Hongsheng ZHANG, Bo MENG, Shuzhong MA (2017), “Determinants of China’s Bilateral Trade Balance in Global Value Chains”, The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development (forthcoming).
- Bo MENG, Norihiko YAMANO (2017), “Compilation of a Regionally Extended Inter-country Input–Output Table and Its Application to Global Value Chain Analyses”, Journal of Economic Structures, 6 (1)
- Christophe DEGAIN, Bo MENG, Zhi WANG (2017), "Recent Trends in Global Trade and Global Value Chains", in World Bank Group-IDE/JETRO-OECD-UIBE-WTO eds., Global Value Chain Development Report 2017: Measuring and Analyzing the Impact of GVCs on Economic Development.
- Bo MENG, Yuning GAO, Jinjun XUE, Zhi WANG (2017), Global Value Chains, Chinese Economic Growth and Carbon Emissions, Social Sciences Academic Press (in Chinese).
- David J WHITE, Klaus HUBACEK, Kuishuang FENG, Laixiang SUN, Bo MENG (2017), "The Water-Energy-Food Nexus in East Asia: A Tele-connected Value Chain Analysis Using Inter-regional Input-Output Analysis, Applied Energy.
- Bo MENG, Jianguo WANG, Robbie ANDREW, Hao XIAO, Jinjun XUE, Glen PETERS (2017), "Spatial Spillover Effects in Determining China's Regional CO2 Emission Growth: 2007-2010", Energy Economics, 63.
- Bo MENG, Yong FANG, Jiemin GUO, Yaxiong ZHANG (2017), "Measuring China's Domestic Production Networks through Trade in Value-added Perspectives", Economic Systems Research, 29(1).
- Anjing WANG, Zongxian FENG, Bo MENG (2017), The Measure of Carbon Emissions and Carbon Transfer in 30 Provinces of China, The Journal of Quantitative & Technical Economics, 8 (in Chinese).
- Bo MENG, Libo WU, Yoshihiro HASHIGUCHI eds. (2017), BRICs Economy and Global Value Chains: A New Horizon of Development, Shanghai People's Publishing House.
- Hao XIAO, Tianyang SUN, Bo MNEG, Lihong CHENG (2017), "Complex Network Analysis for Characterizing Global Value Chains in Equipment Manufacturing", PloS ONE, 12(1).
- Xue FU, Michael LAHR, Yaxiong ZHANG, Bo MENG (2017), "Actions on Climate Change, Reducing Carbon Emissions in China via Optimal Interregional Industry Shifts", Energy Policy, 102.
- Yu LIU, Bo MENG, Klaus HUBACEK, Jinjun XUE, Kuishuang FENG, Yuning GAO (2016), "'Made in China': A Reevaluation of Embodied CO2 Emissions in Chinese Exports Using Firm Heterogeneity Information", Applied Energy, 184.
- Weiqi TANG, Bo MENG, Libo WU, Yu LIU (2016), "Undermined Climate Policies: A Study on the Impact of Regulatory and Financial Discrimination across Heterogeneous Firms in China", IDE Discussion Papers, 622.
- Asao ANDO and Bo MENG (2016), "A Unified Framework of Trade in Value Added; Physical, Monetary, Exchange Rates, and GHG Emissions", IDE Discussion Papers , 563.
- Lele ZOU, Jinjun XUE, Fox ALAN, Bo MENG (2016), "The Emission Reduction Effect and Economic Impact of an Energy Tax vs. a Carbon Tax in China: A Dynamic CGE Model Analysis", Singapore Economic Review,62(2).
- Jiansuo PEI, Bo MENG, Fei WANG, Jinjun XUE, Zhongxiu ZHAO (2015), "Production Sharing, Demand Spillovers and CO2 Emissions: The Case of Chinese Regions in GVCs", Singapore Economic Review,62(2).
- Ming YE, Bo MENG and Shang-jin WEI (2015), "Measuring Smile Curves in Global Value Chains", IDE Discussion Papers , No.530
- Bo MENG (2015), "Domestic Value Chains in the People's Republic of China and Their Linkages with the Global Economy", in Yuqing XING ed. Uncovering Value Added in Trade: New Approaches to Analyzing Global Value Chains , Published by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., Copyright by ADBI.
- Bo MENG, Glen P. PETERS, Zhi WANG (2015), "Tracing Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Global Value Chains", SCID Working paper , No.525; and USITC Working Paper, 2014 12A.
- David BULLÓN, Tayutic MENA, Bo MENG, Natalia SÁNCHEZ, Henry VARGAS, Satoshi INOMATA (2015), "Using the Input-Output Approach to Measure Participation in GVCs: The Case of Costa Rica", IDE Discussion Papers , No.529.
- Yuning GAO, Yunfeng ZHENG, Angang HU, Bo MENG (2015), "Input–Output-Based Genuine Value Added and Genuine Productivity in China’s Industrial Sectors (1995-2010)", IDE Discussion Papers , No.490.
- Songfeng CAI, Yaxiong ZHANG and Bo MENG (2015), "Spillover Effects of TTIP on BRICS Economies: A Dynamic GVC-Based CGE Model", IDE Discussion Papers , No.485.
- Gabriele SUDER, Peter W. LIESCH, Satoshi INOMATA, Irina MIHAILOVA, Bo MENG (2015), "The evolving geography of production hubs and regional value chains across East Asia: Trade in value-added", Journal of World Business , Vol. 50 Issue 3, pp. 404–416.
- Asao ANDO and Bo MENG (2014), "Spatial Price Equilibrium and the Transport Sector: A Trade-Consistent SCGE Model", IDE Discussion Papers, No.447.
- Bo MENG, Jinjun XUE, Kuishuang FENG, Dabo GUAN and Xue FU (2013), "China’s inter-regional spillover of carbon emissions and domestic supply chains", Energy Policy, 2013, vol. 61, issue C.
- Bo MENG, Yaxiong ZHANG and Satoshi INOMATA (2013), "Compilation and applications of IDE-JETRO's international input-output tables", Economic Systems Research, vol.25, issue 1.
- Bo MENG, Zhi WANG and Robert KOOPMAN (2013), "How are Global Value Chains Fragmented and Extended in China's Domestic Production Networks?", IDE Discussion Papers, No.424.
- Bo MENG, Yong FANG, Norihiko YAMANO (2012), Measuring Global Value Chains and Regional Economic Integration: An International Input-–Output Approach, IDE Discussion Paper , No. 362.
- Bo MENG, Yaxiong ZHANG, Jiemin GUO, Yong FANG (2012), China's Regional Economies and Value Chains: An Interregional Input-Output Analysis, IDE Discussion Paper , No. 359.
- Bo MENG, Nobuhiro OKAMOTO, Yoshiharu TSUKAMOTO (2012), Input-Output Based Economic Impact Evaluation System for Small City Development: A Case Study on Saemangeum's Flux City Design, The Journal of Econometric Study of Northeast Asia , Vol. 8, No. 1, pp.21-57.
- Bo MENG, Norihiko YAMANO and Colin WEBB (2011), "Application of Factor Decomposition Techniques to Vertical Specialisation Measurements", Journal of Applied Input-Output Analysis , Vol.16.
- Bo MENG and Satoshi INOMATA (2011), "Cross-regional spillover of economic growth: The territorial impact of global manufacturing in China", in WTO-IDE ed., Trade Patterns and Global Value Chains in East Asia: from Trade in Goods to Trade in Tasks , Printed by the WTO Secretariat.
- Kiichiro FUKASAKU, Bo MENG and Norihiko YAMANO (2011), "Recent Development in Asian Economic Integration: Measuring Trade Integration and Fragmentation", OECD STI Working Paper , 2011/3.
- Bo MENG and Satoshi INOAMTA (2011), "Impact of the Global Economic Crisis on Employment in the Asia-Pacific Region", in Satoshi INOMATA ed., Asia Beyond the Global Economic Crisis: The Transmission Mechanism of Financial Shocks: The Transmission Mechanism of Financial Shocks , Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd.
- Bo MENG, Norihiko YAMANO and Colin WEBB (2010), "Vertical Specialisation Indicator Based on Supply-Driven Input-Output Model", IDE Discussion Paper , No. 270.
- Asao ANDO and Bo MENG (2009), "The Transport Sector and Regional Price Differentials: A Spatial CGE Model for Chinese Provinces", Economic Systems Research , Vol. 21(2), pp. 89-113.
- Asao ANDO, Bo MENG and Chao QU (2009), "Trade Coefficient and the Role of Elasticity in a Spatial CGE Model Based on the Armington Assumption", IDE Discussion Paper , No. 204.
- Bo MENG and Satoshi INOAMTA (2009), "Production Networks and Spatial Economic Interdependence: An International Input-Output Analysis of the Asia-Pacific Region", IDE Discussion paper , No. 185.
- Bo MENG and Chao QU (2008), "Application of the Input-Output Decomposition Technique to China's Regional Economies", Journal of Applied Regional Science , No. 13, pp. 27-46.
- Bo MENG, Satoshi INOMATA and Norihiko YAMANO (2008), "Harmonized Input-Output Tables of European Countries: An Introduction and a Brief Survey", in Satoshi. INOMATA and Hiroshi KUWAMORI eds., Compilation of the International Input-Output Table for the BRICs -A Feasibility Study-, Asian International Input-Output Series, No. 71, IDE-JETRO.
Other academic activities
Visiting scholar and research officer, Columbia Business School, Columbia University (2017-2018)
Guest research fellow, The Center for Industrial Development and Environmental Governance (CIDEG), School of Public Policy and Management, Tsinghua University (2016-2018)
Guest research fellow, Fudan Development Institute, Fudan University (2015-2018)
APEC expert group member on TiVA (Trace in Value-added) (2015-2018)
Guest research fellow, Institute of Global Low-carbon Economy, Nagoya University (2014-2019)
Visiting Scholar, United States International Trade Commission (Feb-Mar., 2013)