East Asian Studies Group, Area Studies Center
Cold War Diplomatic History, Chinese Diplomacy and Cross-Strait Relations
Education / Research Experience
|Fulbright Scholar at Ph. D Candidate at Georgetown University|
|M.A. in Diplomatic History, Georgetown University|
|M.A. in International Studies, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies|
|B.A. in Area Studies of China, Tokyo Woman’s Christian University|
Institute of Developing Economies [IDE], JETRO, 2012-(current)
Peking University, China, 2011-2012
Academia Sinica, Taiwan, 2010-2011
Institute of Developing Economies [IDE], JETRO, 2005-2010
The Japan Institute of International Affairs [JIIA], 2003-2005
The World Bank Institute [WBI], U.S.A., 2001
Institution of International Affairs, Aichi University, 2000
|Assistant Research Fellow
Asia Forum Japan, 1997-2000
|Lecturer in International Relations of Asia, Tokyo Woman’s Christian University, 2005-2007|
|Lecturer in Diplomatic History, Meiji University, 2004-2007|
|Visiting Professor in International Relations, Graduate School of Kyushu University, 2004-2005|
|Researcher Assistant, School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University, 2002-2003|
- “Reisengo niokeru Chugoku no Takokukan Gaiko no Tenkai” (China’s Multilateral Diplomacy after the Cold War), Norihoro Sasaki eds., Gendai Chugoku no Seijiteki Anteisei (Political Stability of Contemporary China), Institute of Developing Economies, JETRO, Tokyo, March 2009.
- “Chowa no Toreta Shakai Jitsugen eno Mosaku” (China’s Quest for “Well-balanced Society”), Year Book of Asian Affairs, The Institute of Developing Economies, Tokyo, June 2007.
- “Kodo Seicho no Jirenma” (China’s Dilemma of Rapid Economic Growth), Year Book of Asian Affairs, The Institute of Developing Economies, JETRO, Tokyo, June 2006.
- “A Transformation of the ‘One China’ Concept in the Process of Democratization in Taiwan” in English, IDE Discussion Paper Series, No. 91, The Institute of Developing Economies. JETRO, Tokyo, March 2007.
- "Chugoku no Asean Gaiko to Takokukanshugi no Jitusjyo" (Unveiling Multilateralism in Chinese Diplomacy: Chinese Policy toward ASEAN), China 21, Vol. 23, Aichi University. Modern Chinese Studies, February 2006. (1.09MB)
- "Higashi Ajia Kyodotai Koso no Yukue to Chugoku Gaiko" (East Asian Community and Chinese diplomacy), World Trend, No.123, Institute of Developing Economies, December 2005.
- "Taiwan no Minshuka Katei niokeru 'Hitotsuno Chugoku' no Henyo" (A Transformation of the 'One China' Concept in the Process of Democratization in Taiwan), East Asia, No.408, Kazankai, June 2001.
- "Taiwan Kaikyo Kiki [1954-55] niokeru Kokuren Ampori Teisen An to Beikokugikai no 'Taiwan Ketsugi' " (The Taiwan Strait Crisis in 1954-55: The Roles of the United Nations Security Council Resolution and the U.S. Congress Formosa Resolution on Taiwan), Journal of International Affairs, No.144, Institute of International Affairs, Aichi University, December 2000.
- "Taiwan Kaikyo Kiki [1954-55] to Beika Sogo Boei Jyoyaku no Teiketsu" (The 1954-55 Taiwan Strait Crisis and U.S.-R.O.C. Mutual Defense Treaty), International Relations: The History of Sino-U.S. Relations, Vol.118, Japan Association of International Relations, May 1998. (1.13MB)