Waltham, Research Fellow Sent Abroad
International economics, Chinese economy
Education / Research Experience
|B.A., School of Political Science and Economics, Waseda University, 1999|
|M.A., Graduate School of Economics, Waseda University, 2001|
|Ph.D., Graduate School of Economics, Waseda University, 2012|
|Research Fellow, Institute of Developing Economies, 2001-Present|
|Visiting Research Fellow, Institute of Industrial Economics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, 2005-2007|
|Research Fellow Sent Abroad (Waltham), 2014-|
|Adjunct Lecturer, Graduate School of Social and Cultural Studies, Kyushu University, 2013
Adjunct Lecturer, School of Political Science and Economics, Waseda University, 2014
- “Outward FDI from Developing Countries: A Case of Chinese Firms in South Africa,” IDE Discussion Paper, No. 385, 2013
- “Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect the Growth of Local Firms? The Case of China’s Electrical and Electronics Industry,” China & World Economy, Vol. 20, No. 2: pp. 98-120, 2012.
- “Is There Hope for Firms Facing the Technology Gap? A Case of China’s Mobile Industry,” Journal of Contemporary China, Vol. 20, No. 72: pp. 833-847, 2011.
- “China and India’s Electrical and Electronics Industries: A Comparison between Market Structures,” Chapter 2, in M. Ohara, M. Vijayabaskar, and H. Lin (eds.), Industrial Dynamics in China and India: Firms, Clusters, and Different Growth Paths, New York (NY), US: Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- “China's Regional Industrial Disparity from the Viewpoint of Industrial Agglomeration,” Chapter 7, in M. Tsuji, E. Giovannetti, and M. Kagami (eds.), Industrial Agglomeration and New Technologies: A Global Perspective, Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar, 2007.
- “Macroeconomic Stability and Seigniorage for Fiscal Revenue: East Asia versus Eastern Europe and the CIS,” Chapter 2, in M. Watanabe (ed.), Recovering Financial Systems: China and Asian Transition Economies, New York (NY), US: Palgrave Macmillan, 2006.
Membership of Academic SocietiesAmerican Economic Association, Japanese Economic Association, Japan Society of International Economics, Japanese Association for Chinese Economy and Management Studies