Waltham, Research Fellow Sent Abroad
International economics, Chinese economy
Education / Research Experience
|B.A., School of Political Science and Economics, Waseda University, 1999|
|M.A., Graduate School of Economics, Waseda University, 2001|
|Ph.D., Graduate School of Economics, Waseda University, 2012|
|Research Fellow, Institute of Developing Economies, 2001-Present|
|Visiting Scholar , Institute of Industrial Economics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, 2005-2007|
|Adjunct Lecturer, Graduate School of Economics, Aoyama Gakuin University, 2009-2014|
|Adjunct Lecturer, Graduate School of Social and Cultural Studies, Kyushu University, 2013|
|Adjunct Lecturer, School of Political Science and Economics, Waseda University, 2014|
|Visiting Scholar, Brandeis University, 2014-Present|
- “Inward FDI and Organizations: A Case of Chinese Firms,” in D. Dyker (ed.) World Scientific Reference on Globalization in Eurasia and the Pacific Rim, London: Imperial College Press, Forthcoming (February 2015).
- “Technology: Foreign Technology Introduction and Market Entry,” in M. Watanabe (ed.) The Disintegration Of Production : Firm Strategy and Industrial Development in China, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, Forthcoming (February 2015).
- The Growth of Chinese Electronics Firms: Globalization and Organizations, New York: Palgrave Macmillan, Forthcoming (October 2014).
- “Competition between Firms in Developing and Developed Countries,” IDE Discussion Paper, No. 469, 2014.
- “Outward FDI from Developing Countries: A Case of Chinese Firms in South Africa,” IDE Discussion Paper, No. 385, 2013.
- “Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect the Growth of Local Firms? The Case of China’s Electrical and Electronics Industry,” China & World Economy, 20(2) : pp. 98-120, 2012.
- “Is There Hope for Firms Facing the Technology Gap? A Case of China’s Mobile Industry,” Journal of Contemporary China, 20(72) : pp. 833-847, 2011.
- “China and India’s Electrical and Electronics Industries: A Comparison between Market Structures,” in M. Ohara, M. Vijayabaskar, and H. Lin (eds.), Industrial Dynamics in China and India: Firms, Clusters, and Different Growth Paths, New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- “China's Regional Industrial Disparity from the Viewpoint of Industrial Agglomeration,” in M. Tsuji, E. Giovannetti, and M. Kagami (eds.), Industrial Agglomeration and New Technologies: A Global Perspective, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2007.
- “Macroeconomic Stability and Seigniorage for Fiscal Revenue: East Asia versus Eastern Europe and the CIS,” in M. Watanabe (ed.), Recovering Financial Systems: China and Asian Transition Economies, New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2006.
Membership of Academic SocietiesAmerican Economic Association, Japanese Economic Association, Japan Society of International Economics, Japanese Association for Chinese Economy and Management Studies