Latin American Studies Group, Area Studies Center
Latin American Politics, Comparative Politics, Political Institutions
Education / Research Experience
|Bachelor of Laws (equivalent to BA), Concentration in Political Science, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan, March 2001.|
|Master of Laws (equivalent to MA), Major in Political Science, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan, March 2003.|
|Doctor of Philosophy, Major in Political Science, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, December 2012.|
|TA/Instructor (Part-Time) (August 2004-August 2008), Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.|
|Visiting Scholar (May 2005-July 2005), Universidad Nacional de San Martín, Buenos Aires, Argentina.|
|Visiting Scholar (July 2007-September 2007), Universidad del Salvador, Buenos Aires, Argentina.|
|Visiting Scholar (October 2008-August 2009), Universidad del Salvador, Buenos Aires, Argentina.|
|Instructor (Part-Time) (August 2011-December 2011), Department of Political Science, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.|
|Researcher (October 2012-March 2014), Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan.|
|Research Fellow (April 2014-present), Latin American Studies Group, Area Studies Center, Institute of Developing Economies, Chiba-shi, Chiba, Japan.|
|The 2012-2013 Eduardo Lozano Memorial Dissertation Prize (Honorable Mention), Center for Latin American Studies, University of Pittsburgh, 2013. (Dissertation title: “Federalism and the Limits of Presidential Powers: The Case of the Argentine Senate.”)|
- "2015-nen Aruzenchin daitōryō-senkyo: Naze yotō-rengō ha maketa no ka? (The 2015 Presidential Election in Argentina: Why Did the Governing Coalition Get Defeated?)" Latin America Report Vol.33 No.1, 2016.
- "Shohyō (Book Review): Scott Mainwaring and Aníbal Pérez-Liñán, Democracies and Dictatorships in Latin America: Emergence, Survival, and Fall." Ajia Keizai Vol.56 No.3, 2015.
- "Burajiru no senkyo ni okeru binjyō-kouka (Coattail Effects in Brazilian Elections)." Latin America Report Vol.32 No.1, 2015.
- “2014-nen daitōryō-senkyo to burajiru ni okeru seitō seiji (The 2014 Presidential Election and Party Politics in Brazil).” Latin America Report Vol. 31 No.2, 2014.
- “Political Careerism, Ambitions, and Regional Interests in Senatorial Behavior: The Argentine Case.” Journal of Politics in Latin America Vol.6, No.2, 2014. (coauthored with Germán Lodola)
- “Aruzenchin ni okeru houritsu-gata kuōta no dounyū to sono kouka (The Introduction of Legislative Quotas and Its Effects in Argentina).” In Jendā-Kuōta: Jyosei Giin ha naze fueta no ka (Gender Quotas in Comparative Perspectives: Understanding the Increase in Women Representatives), eds. M. Miura and M. Eto, Tokyo: Akashi Shoten, 2014.
- “Raten-amerika ni okeru jendā-kuōta to jyosei no seikai shinsyutsu (Gender Quotas and the Rise of Female Politicians in Latin America).” Latin America Report Vol. 27 No. 2, 2010.
- Minshu-shugi tai minshu-shugi, dai-ni han (Patterns of Democracy: Government Forms and Performance in Thirty-Six Countries (Second Edition)), Arend Lijphart (cotranslated with Yūko Kasuya), Tokyo: Keisō-shobō, 2014.
Membership of Academic SocietiesJapan Association for Comparative Politics, Japan Association for Latin American Studies, Japanese Association of Electoral Studies, American Political Science Association, Asociación Latinoamericana de Ciencia Política