Education / Research Experience
|B.A in Persian Language, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, 1989|
|M.A in Area Studies of West Asia, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, 1991|
|Ph.D in Economics, Hitotsubashi University, 2009|
|Joined Institute of Developing Economies, 1991|
|Research Fellow, University of Tehran ( Tehran ), 1994-1995|
|Visiting Research Fellow, Bosporus University ( Istanbul ), 1995-1996|
|Visiting Research Fellow, University of Tehran ( Tehran ), 2009-2011|
|Middle Eastern Studies Group, Area Studies Center, 2011-2012|
|Deputy Director, Middle Eastern Studies Group, December 2012-|
|Part-time Lecturer, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, 1998-2000|
|Part-time Lecturer, Keio University, 2004-2005|
|Part-time Lecturer, Ochanomizu University, 2011-2012|
|Part-time Lecturer, Tohoku University, 2014|
Books / English
- Industrial Organization in Iran: The Weakly Organized System of the Iranian Apparel Industry, Springer Briefs in Economics, Springer, 2017.
- Questionnaire Survey on Apparel Firms in Iran 2010 , Research Report Series No.11, Need-based Program for Area Studies: Middle East within Asia: Law and Economics, Hitotsubashi University, 2010.
Paper / English
- “Shop-lease Contract with Sar-qofli” in the Post-Iranian Revolution Era: Deletion of “Haqq-e kasb o pisheh o tejarat” from the Law of Lessor-Lessee Relationships, Iranian Studies, published online 12 Dec 2014.
- “Sar-qofli in the Customs and Laws of Modern Iran: The Emergence of Haqq-e Kasb o Pishe o Tejarat and the Evolution of the Shop-lease Contract System”, Iranian Studies, Vol.44, No.2, March 2011.
- "The Role of the Namayande in Iran's Textile Industry", The Developing Economies, Vol.36, No.4, December 1998.
Books / Japanese
- “Individualism” in Iran, Heibon-sha, 271pp. 2015.
- Persian Haiku Collection ‘Kibo’ (translated by G.Zakeri and Y.Iwasaki), Tehran University, 2011.
- Doing Business in Tehran: the Customs and Spirit of Iranian Merchants, "What is Asia?" series No.106, Institute of Developing Economies, 233pp, 2004 .
- The Dynamism of Iranian National Economy, Kenkyu Sosho (IDE Research Series) No.503, Institute of Developing Economies, xiv＋238pp, 2000.
Papers & Articles / Japanese
- An Inquiry into the Socio-economic Function of Rahn Contracts in the Iranian Real Estate Market: Collateral or Lease?, Ajia Keizai (Asian Economy) Vol. 57, No.3, 2016.
- Globalization under a “Weakly-Organized” System: A Case Study on Iran’s Apparel Industry, Ajia Keizai (Asian Economy) Vol. 53, No.5, 2012.
- Shop-lease Contract with Sar-qofli after the Islamic Revolution in Iran: Deletion of "Haqq-e Kasb o Pishe o Tejarat" in “Lessors and Leaseholders’ Relation Law”", Ajia Keizai (Asian Economy ) Vol. 50, No.1, 2009.
- "Law and Custom on Sar-qofli: The Emergence of Haqq-e Kasb o Pishe o Tejarat and the Transformation of Shop-lease Contract in Iran", Ajia Keizai (Asian Economy) Vol.48, No.6, 2007.
- "Sar-qofli : An Economical Analysis on Determination Process of Land Price in Iran's Commercial Centres" , Ajia Keizai(Asian Economy) Vol. 47, No.5, 2006.
- "Resale-Price Maintenance System in Iran: A Case Study of Books" , Gendai no Chuto (The Contemporary Middle East) No.34, 2003.
- "The Apparel Whole-sale Market in Tehran: the Bonak-dars as Auctioneer" , Ajia Keizai (Asian Economy) Vol.43, No.2, 2002.
- "The System of Production and Distribution in Iran: A Case Study of Apparel Industry in Tehran", The Dynamism of Iranian National Economy, Institute of Developing Economies, 2000.
- "A Historical Survey on the Textile Industry in Iran", Gendai no Chuto (The Contemporary Middle East), No.15, 1993.
Membership of Academic Societies
Japan Association for Middle East Studies, Japan Association for Evolutionary Economics