Southeast Asian Studies Group I, Area Studies Center
Indonesian Economy, Development Economics
Education / Research Experience
|Ph.D. Candidate, in Economics, Kyoto University, Kyoto, 2006|
|M.A. in Economics, Kyoto University, Kyoto, 2003|
|B.A. in Economics, Kyoto University, Kyoto, 2001|
|B.A. in Japanese History, Kyoto University, Kyoto, 1997|
|Researcher, IDE-JETRO, 2003-present|
|Visiting Researcher, Institute for Economic and Social Research (LPEM), Faculty of Economics, University of Indonesia, 2010-12|
- "The Short-Term Poverty Impact of Small-Scale, Collateral-Free Microcredit in Indonesia: A Matching Estimator Approach." (with Kazushi Takahashi and Kazunari Tsukada), Developing Economies, 48(1): pp128-155, 2010.
- "Microfinance Penetration and its Influence on Credit Choice in Indonesia: Evidence from a Household Panel Survey." (with Kazunari Tsukada and Kazushi Takahashi), Developing Economies, 48(1): pp102-127, 2010.
- "Quantitative Analysis of Indonesia's Short-and Long-term Development Strategies," (with Etsuyo Michida and Kazushi Takahashi), Background Paper No.4, JICA-IDE Joint Workshop on Indonesia’s Development Strategy and Future Direction of JICA’s Assistance in Indonesia, Jakarta: JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency), 2008.
- “Livelihood of the Persons with Disabled in Indonesia.”, In Poverty Reduction for the Disabled in Developing Countries, ed. Soya Mori, Iwanami, 2010.
- “The Resurgence of Social Cleavages and Ambiguity of Retrospective Voting in Democratizing Indonesia.”, (with Koichi Kawamura) In Voting Behavior and Democracy in Asian Developing Countries, ed. Yasushi Hazama, IDE, 2009.
- “Household Income Inequality in Indonesia: A Result of Decomposition Analysis using 2005 Socioeconomic Survey Data.”, Keizaironsou, 182(2): pp.17-28, 2008
Membership of Academic SocietiesThe Japan Society for International Development