Education / Research Experience
|B.A. Oriental History, University of Tokyo, 2009|
|M.A. Politics of the USSR and Russia, University of Tokyo, 2011.|
|Ph.D. International Politics, University of Tokyo, 2016.|
|Intelligence and Analysis Service, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Japan), 2011-2012.|
|Fox International Fellow, Yale University, 2012-2013.|
|Research Fellow, Japan Russia Youth Exchange Center, 2013-2014.|
|Senior Research Fellow, Peking University (Chinese Government Scholarships), 2014-2016.|
|Overseas Research Fellow, Japan Society for Promotion of Science, 2016-2018.|
|Visiting Researcher, Graduate Institute of East Asian Studies, National Cheng-Chi University, 2016-2018.|
|Research Fellow, East Asian Studies Group, Area Studies Center, 2018-today.|
|Part-time instructor, School of International Politics, Economics and Communication, Aoyama Gakuin University, 2018-today.|
- "The Promotion of New Ethnic-Minority Elites During the Cultural Revolution (196-76)", Issues & Studies Japanese Ed. 47(1), 2018. 127-156.
- "Governance Trends in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region", Issues & Studies Japanese Ed. 46(2), 2017. 117-148.
- "The National Self-determination and the Federation: The Nation Building in the Soviet Central Asia", Roshiashi Kenkyu 94, 2014, 3-21.
- "The National Self-determination Empire: The Formation of Soviet Central Asia", Kokkagakkaizasshi, 125(1-2), 2012, 41-104.
- "Political Elite Formation in the Soviet Kazakh Republic (1920-1945)", The International Conference "Eurasia: Historical Background, International Relations, Social-Economic Development", Grauate Institute of European Studies (GIES), Tamkang University, Taiwan, March 2017.
- "The Empire of National Self-Determination:Political Elite Formation in the Ethnic-Minority Regions of the Soviet Union in Comparative Perspective", The East Asian Regional Congress of the International Council for Central and East European Studies (ICCEES), East China Normal University Shanghai, China, September 2016.
- "The Political Elite Formation in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region in the 1950-60s", The 11th Graduate Seminar on China, Universities Service Centre for Chinese Studies, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, January 2015.
- "The 'Silk Road' and Japan -- the New Relationship"「草原絲路和阿爾泰国際経済合作前景国際学術研討会」新疆師範大学（中国）、2012年8月.
Chinese and Russian
- "The Political Development of the Leaders of the Three Districts Revolution in Xinjiang after the Establishment of CCP Rule (1949-2017)", East Asian Studies 48(6), 2018, 1-38.
- "One Belt One Road and Potential "Sinophobia" in Central Asia", International and Public Affairs 6, 2017. 21-40.
- Кумакура, Д. и Отарбаева, А., «Национальная политическая элита в республиках советской Центральной Азии в 1920-1930 гг.», Отечественная история, 2012-3, 2012. cc. 73-77.
Membership of Academic Societies
Japan Association of International Relations, JAIR.
Japan Association for Asian Studies, JAAS.
Japanese Society for the Study of the Russian History.
The Japan Association for Central Asian Studies, JACAS.
Society of Inner Asian Studies, SIAS.