Education / Research Experience
|BA in Economics, University of Tokyo, March 2008.|
|MA in Economics, University of Tokyo, March 2010.|
|Ph.D in Economics, University of Tokyo, March 2014.|
|Research Fellow of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (DC2), April 2012 - March 2014|
|Research Fellow of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (PD), April 2014 - March 2017|
|Research Fellow of Institute of Developing Economies, April 2017 -|
- "Social Capital as an Instrument for Common Pool Resource Management: A Case Study of Irrigation Management in Sri Lanka," Oxford Economic Papers, forthcoming.
- "Is Farmer-to-Farmer Extension Effective? The Impact of Training on Technology Adoption and Rice Farming Productivity in Tanzania," World Development, 2018, Volume 105, pp. 336–351. (with Yuko Nakano, Takuji W. Tsusaka, and Valerien O. Pede)
- "Neighbourhood Effects in Pesticide Use: Evidence from the Rural Philippines," Journal of Agricultural Economics, 2018, Volume 69, Issue 1, pp.163–181.
- "How Access to Irrigation Influences Poverty and Livelihoods: A Case Study from Sri Lanka," Journal of Development Studies, 2014, Vol. 50, No. 5, pp.748–768. (with Sonali Senaratna Sellamuttu, Ryuji Kasahara, Yasuyuki Sawada, and Deeptha Wijerathna)
- "The Field Experiment Revolution in Development Economics" in: Toshiji Kawagoe and Hirokazu Takizawa (Eds.) Diversity of Experimental Methods in Economics, pp.39–60, Springer, 2019. (with Yasuyuki Sawada),
- "Exploring the Relationship between Subjective Well-Being and Objective Poverty Indices: Evidence from Panel Data in South Africa," IDE Discussion Papers No.707.
- "Altruism or Exchange? Experimental Evidence on the Motives behind Private Transfers in Sri Lanka," JICA-RI Working Paper No.132, July 2016. (with Yasuyuki Sawada)
- "Election, Implementation, and Social Capital in School-Based Management: Evidence from a Randomized Field Experiment on the COGES Project in Burkina Faso," JICA-RI Working Paper No.120, March 2016. (with Yasuyuki Sawada, Andrew S. Griffen, Eiji Kozuka, Haruko Noguchi, and Yasuyuki Todo)
- "Spatial vs. Social Network Effects in Risk Sharing," JICA-RI Working Paper No.89, March 2015.
- "Incentives and Social Preferences: Experimental Evidence from a Seemingly Inefficient Traditional Labor Contract," CIRJE-F-961, March 2015. (with Jun Goto, Yasuyuki Sawada, and Keitaro Aoyagi)