Fellowships / Job Openings
Job opening for IDE-JETRO Research Fellows for JFY
2021/2022 Development Studies
as of January 4, 2021
Research Fellows of development studies:
(Trade and investment, technological innovation, environment and natural resources, urban economy, rural areas and agriculture, population, education and health, labor, fiscal and monetary policies, industrial organization, and other development-related issues).
Positions are in principle offered as tenured. In some cases, positions are offered as tenure-track or other fixed-term contracts.
※Note: A tenure-track position is a three-year, fixed-term contract. The contract may be extended up to another two years. There will be annual reviews of tenure-track researchers. A tenure may be offered at the end of third year if all the reviews are favorable. A researcher receiving reviews with distinction may be offered a tenure at any review during the first three years.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. (or expected to receive a Ph.D. by March 2022).
- We accept applicants of any nationality.
How to apply
- Registration: All applicants must register online first.
- Documents: All applicants must provide the followings by uploading to WEBCAS.
- Curriculum vitae with a recent photograph (Download a template on our website)
- A list of your academic publications, including books, monographs, research papers, and other works in English and, if applicable, in Japanese
- One copy of the abstracts of major writings (up to three items).
※Those who will have passed the first screening process will be required to send the following documents. We will notify the qualified applicants of the deadlines individually.
- A letter of recommendation from a professor or senior researcher from your institute or any comparable institution
- A copy of major writings （Ph.D. dissertation or major academic publication (book, book chapter, monograph, research paper, or refereed article in English or Japanese etc.) up to three items.
※Copies of diploma and certificates of Bachelor's, Master's and Doctor's degrees. (To be submitted after a job offer is made.)
January 04, 2021 to April 30, 2021(All applications must be received by 17:00 (GMT+9), April 30, 2021)
Selection based on submitted materials (scheduled in May or June).
Presentation sessions followed by interview(s) in English or Japanese (scheduled in July or August)
Between September 1, 2021, and April 1, 2022 (negotiable).
Other terms and conditions of employment
- Salary: Determined by age and work experiences as per IDE-JETRO policies
- Work hours: Discretionary working schedule system (deemed to work for 8 hours 35 minutes on each day of duty)
- Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, year-end and New Year holidays
- Paid leaves: Annual, Summer, and other miscellaneous leaves specified by the law
- Social security: Eligible for National Health Insurance, National Unemployment Insurance, Workers’ compensation insurance, Employee’s Pension Plan, Corporate Pension Fund, a dormitory for single and family
Please send inquiries to:
IDE-JETRO, Recruitment, Research Personnel Division
Research Planning Department
Tel: 81-43-299-9528 / Fax: 81-43-299-9724
*Please note that we cannot answer questions about result of screening.