Education / Research Experience
|Bachelor of Economics, Waseda University, Mar 1994|
|Master of Economics, University of Tokyo, Mar 1999|
|PhD in International Public Policy, Osaka University, Mar 2004|
|Worked at the LTCB Research Institute, Inc., Apr 1994 - Mar 1997|
|Joined the IDE (Research Planning Department), Apr 1999|
|Development Studies Department, Apr 2000 - Aug 2002|
|Research Fellows Sent Abroad (United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean - ECLAC), Aug 2002 - Sep 2005|
|International Economics Studies Group, Development Studies Center, Oct 2005 - Jun 2007|
|Bangkok Research Center, JETRO, Jul 2007－ Jan 2010|
|JETRO Bangkok, Feb 2010 － March 2012|
|Technological Innnovation and Economic Growth Studies Group, Inter-disciplinary Studies Center, April 2012 － Jan 2014|
|Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA) , Feb 2014 －|
- "La facilitación del comercio y la integración centroamericana: modernización de aduanas," coauthored with Sidney Rezende, Boletin Fal, No. 222, ECLAC, Febrero 2005.
- Information Technology for Development of Small and Medium-sized Exporters in Latin America and East Asia , co-edited with Kuwayama, Mikio and Tsuji, Masatsugu, ECLAC, December 2005.
- "Country Study: Chile" in Kuwayama, Ueki and Tsuji eds. Information Technology for Development of Small and Medium-sized Exporters in Latin America and East Asia , ECLAC, December 2005.
- "E-business Innovation and Customs Renovation for Secure Supply Chain Management," Serie Comercio Internacional No.34, ECLAC, March 2004.
- "Jumping Up to the Internet-based Society: Lessons from Korea," in Kagami, M., Tsuji, M., and Giovannetti, E. eds., Information Technology Policy and the Digital Divide: Lessons for Developing Countries , Edward Elgar Publishing, May 1, 2004.
- "Electronic Industry in Asia: Changing Supply Chain and the Effects," in Giovannetti, E., Kagami, M., and Tsuji, M. eds., The Internet Revolution : A Global Perspective (Department of Applied Economics Occasional Papers), Cambridge University Press, May 15, 2003.
- "Industrial Agglomeration and Regional Growth in Korea: Focusing on the Software and ICT Service Sector," in Kagami, M and Tsuji, M eds., Industrial Agglomeration: Facts and Lessons for Developing Countries , International Joint Research Project Series (IJRP) No.7, IDE/JETRO, 2003.
- "E-commerce Environment and Trade Promotion for Latin America: Policy Implications from East Asian and Advanced Economies' Experiences," Serie Comercio Internacional No.29, United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), July 2003.
- 'IT' Policy in Developing Countries and International Cooperation: Lessons Learned from Bhutan (in Japanese with summary written in English), co-authored with Tsuji, M., the Association for the Promotion of International Cooperation (APIC) commissioned by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Tokyo, April 2002.