Director, Southeast Asian Studies Group II, Area Studies Center
Area Study (Vietnam)
Education / Research Experience
|Aichi University of Education (BA in Education), 1988|
|IDE Advanced School (Post Graduate Diploma), 1996|
|London School of Economics (MSc in Economics), 1997|
|Institute of Developing Economies, 1998|
|Area Studies Department 1, 2000-2003|
|Senior Visiting Research Fellow (Hanoi, Vietnam), 2003-2006|
|Southeast Asian Group II, Area Studies Center, 2006|
|Senior Researcher, Area Studies Center, 2010|
- “Import of Recyclables and Environmental Pollution in Vietnam: A New Dilemma of Development” in Kojima, Michikazu and Etsuyo Michida (eds.), International Trade in Recyclables and Hazardous Waste in Asia, Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar, 2013.
- “The Changing Status of Economic Entities in Vietnam” in Sakata, Shozo (ed.), Vietnam's Economic Entities in Transition, London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2013.
- “Rural Industries in Northern Vietnam: Strategies of Small-scale Business Establishments in the Formation of Craft Villages” in Sakata, Shozo (ed.), Vietnam's Economic Entities in Transition, London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2013.
- “Liberalization, Integration and Industrial Location in Vietnam” in Kuroiwa, Ikuo (ed.) Economic Integration and the Location of Industries: The Case of Less Developed East Asian Countries, Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.（Hamaguchi, Nobuaki, Futaba Ishizuka and Shozo Sakata）
- “Mass-organizations as Active Participants in Poverty Reduction in Vietnam”, Vietnam’s Socio-economic Development, No.47, Autumn 2006, pp.46-63.
- "Marketization in poverty-ridden rural areas: Analysis of household survey in Lai Chau and Ha Giang provinces", in Ha Huy Thanh and Shozo Sakata (eds.), Impact of Socio-economic Changes on the Livelihoods of People Living in Poverty in Vietnam, IDE ASEDP Series No. 71, 2005
Membership of Academic SocietiesJapan Society for International Development