Director, Latin American Studies Group, Area Studies Center
Venezuelan economy, Venezuelan area studies
Education / Research Experience
|M.A. in Latin American Studies, Univ. of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), 1990|
|B.A. International Christian University (ICU), Japan, 1988|
|Entered IDE, Editorial section, 1990-1991|
|Latin America Project Team, IDE, 1991-1995|
|Research in Caracas, Venezuela(CENDE-UCV, and IESA), 1995-1997|
|Latin America Project Team, IDE, 1997-2009|
|Research in Caracas, Venezuela, 2009-2011|
|Deputy Director, Latin American Studies Group, Area Studies Center, 2011-2012|
|Director, Latin American Studies Group, Area Studies Center, 2012-|
- "Chavez's Triumph in the Presidential Election 2006: A Green Light toward the Socialism of the 21th Century?" Latin America Report, Vol.24 No.1, 2007 (Japanese).
- "Venezuela's Chavez Administration: The Leading Anti-US Leftist Government in South America," Ajiken World Trend, No.133, Oct. 2006, pp.4-7 (Japanese).
- "Management in Venezuelan Enterprises: Management Structures and Managers," T. Hoshino and A. Suehiro eds., Management of Enterprises in Developing Countries, Tokyo: Iwanami, 2006, (Japanese).
- "Economic and Social Policies under Chavez's Bolivarian Revolution in Venezuela," Latin America Report, Vol.22 No.2, 2005 (Japanese).
- "The Beer War in Venezuela: Polar vs ODC," Latin America Report, Vol.22 No.1, 2005. (Japanese).
- "Family Business in Venezuela: Can They Grow without External Capital?" T. Hoshino ed., Management and Innovation in Family Business: A Comparative Study of Asia and Latin America) IDE, 2004 (Japanese).
- "Political Crisis in Venezuela: Its Economic and Social Aspects and Neoliberalism," Latin America Report, Vol.20 No.2, 2003 (Japanese).
- "Venezuela: Weakening of Traditional Economic Groups under Economic Liberalization and Globalization," T. Hoshino ed., Globalization and Enterprises in Developing Countries, IDE, 2002 (Japanese).
- "Political Turmoil in April: Chavez Government and Venezuelan Democracy," Latin America Report, Vol.19 No.2, 2002 (Japanese).
- "New Trend in the Studies of Business-State Relations in Latin America," Latin American Report 2001 Vol.18 No.1 (Japanese).
- "Business-State Relations under Economic Liberalization: Cases of Venezuela and Colombia," Y.Koike and K.Horisaka eds., New Production Systems in Latin America: An Alternative to Import Substitution Model, 1999 (Japanese).
- La Crisis venezolana: busqueda de un nuevo modelo de desarrollo, Caracas: CENDES, Tema de docencia, No.3, 1998 (Spanish).
Membership of Academic SocietiesLatin American Studies Association(LASA)
Asociación Japonesa de Estudios Latinoamericanos (AJEL), Japan
Japan Society of Social Science on Latin America (JSLA), Japan