Research Planning Department
Area Studies (Myanmar/Burma), Development Economics
Education / Research Experience
|M.Phil in Development Studies, University of Cambridge, 1994|
|Joined the IDE (Training Affairs Department), 1994|
|Joined Current Affairs Department, 1996|
|Overseas Research Fellow in Yangon, 2000-2003|
|Director, Project Research Division, Research Planning Department, 2003|
|Director, Planning and Coordination Division, Research Planning Department, 2003|
|Director, Economic and Technical Cooperation Studies Group, Inter-disciplinary, 2005|
|Director, Southeast Asian Studies Group II, Area Studies Center, 2007-2012|
|Senior Researcher, Research Planning Department, 2012-2014|
|Director-General, Inter-disciplinary Studies Center, 2014.4-2014.6|
|Director-General, Research Planning Department, 2014.7-2015.3|
|National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, 2015.4-|
- "Myanmar's Economic Relations with China: Can China Support the Myanmar Economy?" IDE Discussion Paper Series No.66, 2006.
- "The Impact of United States Sanctions on the Myanmar Garment Industry" IDE Discussion Paper Series No.42, 2005.
- "Stunted and Distorted Industrialization in Myanmar" IDE Discussion Paper Series No.38, 2005.
- Agro-based Industry in Myanmar: Prospects and Challenges, Tin Htut Oo and Kudo eds., ASEDP No.67, Chiba: Institute of Developing Economies, JETRO, 2003.
- Industrial Development in Myanmar: Prospects and Challenges, Kudo ed., ASEDP No.60, Chiba: Institute of Developing Economies, JETRO. 2001.
- "Industrial Policy in Myanmar: From a Historical Viewpoint" in Minoru Kiryu ed., ASEAN and Japanese Perspectives on Industrial Development and Reforms in Myanmar: A Survey of Selected Firms, Bangkok: The Chulalongkorn University Printing House, 1998.
- "Political Basis of Economic Policies under Burmese Socialism", Southeast Asian Studies, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, No.4, 1998.
- "The Civil Service in Malaysia" and "The Civil Service in the Philippines", in Kazumi Yamamoto, Kazuhisa Matsui and Toshihiro Kudo, A Comparison of Government and Civil Service in Asia (Region I), Tokyo: Institute of Developing Economies, 1995.