Microeconomic Analysis Studies Group, Development Studies Center
Industrial organization, agricultural economics, Indian economy
Education / Research Experience
|B.A. in Economics, Keio University, March 1996|
|Ph.D. in Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of California, Berkeley, May 2011|
|Joined Institute of Developing Economies, 1996|
|Development Studies Department, Institute of Developing Economies, 2001-2003|
|Development Studies Center, Institute of Developing Economies, 2003-2010|
|Honorary Visiting Scientist, Planning Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, 2010-2013|
|Development Studies Center, Institute of Developing Economies, 2013-|
- "The Generic Drug Market in Japan: Will It Finally Take Off?" (with Toshiaki Iizuka) Health Economics, Policy and Law, Vol. 6, No. 3, July 2011, pp. 369-389.
- The World Food Crisis and the Strategies of Asian Rice Exporters (with Shinichi Shigetomi and Kazunari Tsukada), Spot Survey No. 32, Institute of Developing Economies, February 2011.
- "Explaining Vertical Integration in the Generic Pharmaceutical Industry" Economics Discussion Paper No. 11-02, Indian Statistical Institute, January 2011.
- "Inferring the Effects of Vertical Integration from Entry Games: An Analysis of the Generic Pharmaceutical Industry" IDE Discussion Paper No. 221, January 2010.
- "Determinants of HIV/AIDS Drug Prices for Developing Countries: Analysis of Global Fund Procurement Data" (with Hiroko Yamane) in Hiroko Uchimura ed., Making Health Services More Accessible in Developing Countries: Finance and Health Resources for Functioning Health Systems, Palgrave Macmillan, October 2009, pp. 137-172.
- "On the Mother and Child Labor Nexus under Credit Constraints: Findings from Rural India" (with Yasuyuki Sawada, Nobuhiko Fuwa, Seiro Ito and Takashi Kurosaki), Developing Economies, Vol.44, No.4, December 2006.
- "Child Labor, Schooling, and Intrahousehold Resource Allocation in Rural India" (in Japanese, with Nobuhiko Fuwa, Seiro Ito, Takashi Kurosaki, and Yasuyuki Sawada) Keizai Kenkyu, Vol. 57, No. 4, October 2006, pp.328-343.
- "Patent Policy and Public Health in Developing Countries: Lessons from Japan" (with Reiko Aoki and Hiroko Yamane), Bulletin of the World Health Organization, Vol.84, No.5, May 2006.
- "The Determinants of R&D and Patenting by Indian Pharmaceutical Firms under the TRIPS Agreement" (in Japanese, with Yosuke Okada) Ajia Keizai, Vol. 45, No. 11-12, December 2004, pp. 113-146.
Membership of Academic SocietiesIndustrial Organization Society, European Association for Research in Industrial Economics, Japan Society for International Development