Microeconomic Analysis Studies Group, Development Studies Center
Labor Economics, Development Economics, Rural China Economy
Education / Research Experience
|B. A. in Economics, Hitotsubashi University, Japan, 1995|
|M. A. in Economics, Hitotsubashi University, Japan, 1997|
|Ph. D candidate (credit acquired from the secondary doctoral course of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, Japan, 2000)|
- Matsuda, Yoshiro and Hisatoshi Hoken, "Politico-economic Movements and the Statistical Survey Data in China," Keiza-ikenkyu (Economic Review), vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 143-54, 1999 (in Japanese).
- Hoken, Hisatoshi "The Analysis of Off-farm Work Decision and Labor Supply in Rural China: A Case Study of Dahe Township in Hebei Province," Ajia-Keizai (Asian Economies), vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 34-66, 2000 (in Japanese).
- Senda, Tetsuji, Hisatoshi Hoken et al. "Panelization of 20% of the Sample of Rural China Fixed Point Observations" in Proceedings of the Seventh Japan-China Symposium on Statistics on October 28 - November 1, 2000.
- Hoken, Hisatoshi "An Analysis of Grain Marketing Policy and Its Impact on Farm Management in China," in Tsutomu Takane ed. Agricultural Marketing in Asia and Africa, IDE, pp. 27-85, 2003 (in Japanese).
- Hoken, Hisatoshi "A Review of Household Sample Survey in Rural China: Survey Designs, Contents and Characteristics," Ajia-Keizai (Asian Economies), vol. 45, no.4, pp. 41-70, 2004 (in Japanese).
- Tang, Cheng; Hisatoshi Hoken; Xu Wenxin, "Analysis on Saving Behaviors in Urban China: Empirical Results Based on Household Survey in Shanghai", Modern Asian Studies Review, vol.1, no. 1, 2006.
- Hoken, Hisatoshi, "Household Savings Decision and Institutional Development: The Case of Rural Households in China" in Mariko Watanabe ed. Recovering Financial Systems: China and Asian Transition Economies, Palgrave Macmillan, 2006.
- Hoken, Hisatoshi and Tetsuji Senda et al. "Statistical Matching for Longitudinal Data of Rural Households in China: Construction of MHTS Panel Data Set and Estimation of Attrition Bias" Working Paper of China Center for Economic Research at Peking University (No. E2006013), 2006.