Education / Research Experience
|Department of Economics and Management, Faculty of Economics, Seikei University (B.A., Business Administration), April 1994 － March 1998|
|Department of Social Science, Graduate School, Toyo Eiwa University (M.A., Social Science), October 1998 － September 2000|
|Department of Area Studies, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokyo (Ph.D. ), April 2001 － March 2004|
|JGB Trading Department, Japan Bond Trading Co, Ltd., April 1998 － June 1998|
|Visiting Scholar, Centre of Asian Studies, The University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong), November 2001 － October 2003|
|Research Assistant, Department of Area Studies, College of Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokyo, April 2004 － March 2006|
|Research Associate, Department of Area Studies, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokyo, April 2006 － March 2007|
|Assistant Professor, Department of Area Studies, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokyo, April 2007 － September 2007|
|Research Associate, Security and International Studies Program, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, October 2007 － September 2010|
|Part-time Lecturer (Global economy and Asian corporate management), Graduate School of Economics, Osaka University , April 2008 － September 2009|
|Visiting Scholar, Institute of Taiwan History, Academia Sinica (Republic of China, Taiwan), July 2008 － July 2008|
|Part-time Lecturer (Financial and trading history in Asia), Faculty of Foreign Studies, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, April 2009 －|
|Visiting Scholar, Policy Studies Center, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, October 2010 － March 2011|
|Research Fellow, Business and Industry Group, inter-Disciplinary Studies Center, IDE-JETRO, April 2011 － March 2014|
|Overseas Research Fellow (Hong Kong), April 2014 － April 2016|
|Business and Industry Studies Group, Inter-disciplinary Studies Center, IDE-JETRO, May 2016 －|
- "Hong Kong as an Economic Gateway", Research Institute of Economy Trade and Industry, 2010.
- "Foundation of the China and Southern Bank: The conception and Realization of “Greater Overseas Chinese Bank” under the Japanese Southward Strategy, 1912-1919", Ajia Keizai , Institute of Developing Economies, 2010.
- "Alternative Remittance System under the Cross-border RMB Circulation: Underground banking between Hong Kong and mainland China", Ajia Keizai , Institute of Developing Economies, 2010.
- "The Money Laundering Problem in Asia", National Institute for Research Advancement, 2008.
- "The Rise and Fall of the Bank of Canton; Modern Banking Business by Overseas Chinese Capital and Its Limit", Ajia Keizai , Institute of Developing Economies, 2008.
- "The Life and Time of Wang Tseng-Hsiang; A Critical Biography", Bensei Publishing, 2008.
- "The Role of Native Banks in Hong Kong Dollar Settlement: Case of Export Trade Settlement between Canton and Hong Kong", Ajia Keizai , Institute of Developing Economies, 2007.
- "Connection Mechanisms for Chinese Remittances: From Singapore to the Pearl River Delta via Hong Kong", Southeast Asian Studies Vol.44.No.2 , Center for Southeast Asian Studies, Kyoto University, 2006.
- Tokyo’s Changing Role as a Financial Center since the Seventeenth Century, François Gipouloux ed., Gateways To Globalisation: Asia’s International Trading and Finance Centres , Edward Elger, U.K., 2011, pp.29-50.
- "Anti-money Laundering Policy in Japan: Background and Development in Counter-Terrorist Financing", Handbook for the International Conference on Homeland Security 2011 , ROC: Executive Yuan, 2011.
- "Vadeando el Pacifico: las redes que tejieron las Kam-Shan-Chong" Istor 27, Mexico: Centro de Investigacion y Docencia Econimicas (CIDE) , 2008. (Translated by Isami Hoshino Romero)
- "Building True Partnership with Developing Countries: Review of Japan’s ODA Experiences", 2012 International Conference on International Development Cooperation and Taiwan Experience, Taipei: International Cooperation and Development Fund, 2012.
- "Anti-money Laundering Policy in Japan: Background and Development in Counter-Terrorist Financing" (Presentation in English), International Conference on Homeland Security 2011 , Taipei: Executive Yuan, 2011.
- "Essential Matter of Money Laundering Problem: Example of The Present Situation in Southeast Asia" (Presentation in Japanese), GRIPS-GCOE International Workshop Non-Traditional Security Issues in Asia , National Graduate Institute for policy Studies, 2010.
- "Conference on Anti Money Laundering 2010" (Presentation as panelist in Japanese), Ricky Market Solution Co. Ltd., 2010.
- "Tokyo as an “International Financial Center”?; Past and Present: 1800-2007" (Presentation in English), La Mediterranee Asiatique : rivalites et complementarites entre centres d’affaires et financiers , Paris: Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique（CNRS）, 2009.
- "The Rise and Role of Chinese Gold and Silver Exchange Society: Past and Future" (Presentation in Cantonese), Hong Kong: The Chinese Gold and Silver Exchange Society, 2007.
Contribution for Mass Media
- "How PM Abe’s China visit would effects Japan-Sino relationship?"(Recorded Interview), Hong Kong: Phoenix TV, October 2006.
- "Money Laundering Problem in Asia"(Japanese) Gaiko Forum , Toshi Shuppan, October 2008.
- "Effect of territorial dispute on Japan-Sino economic relationship"(Recorded Interview), Hong Kong: Phoenix TV, October 2010.
- "The Time of Asia" (monthly column in Japanese), International Development Journal, IDJ , Since November 2010.