Overseas Research Fellow (Paris)
Firm Dynamics, Industrial Agglomeration and Economic Development
Education / Research Experience
|M.A. in Economics, Kobe University, 2003|
|Ph. D. in Economics, Kobe University, 2006|
|Assistant Professor, Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies, Kobe University, April 2006|
|Research Fellow, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University, April 2009|
|Research Fellow, International Input-Output Analysis Studies Group, Development Studies Center, IDE-JETRO, April 2011|
- “Agglomeration and Firm-level Productivity: A Bayesian Spatial Approach.” (with Kiyoyasu TANAKA). Papers in Regional Science, forthcoming. 2014.
- “Spatial Spillovers from FDI Agglomeration: Evidence from the Yangtze River Delta in China.” (with Kiyoyasu TANAKA). China & World Economy, forthcoming. 2014.
- “Small Sample Properties of CIPS Panel Unit Root Test Under Conditional and Unconditional Heteroscedasticity.” (with Shigeyuki HAMORI). Economics Bulletin, Vol. 32, No. 3: 2353-2365, 2012.
- “The Effect of Financial Deepening on Inequality: Some International Evidence.” (with Shigeyuki HAMORI). Journal of Asian Economics, Vol. 23, No. 4: 353-359, 2012.
- “The Sustainability of Trade Balances in Sub-Saharan Africa: Panel Cointegration Tests with Cross-section Dependence.” (with Shigeyuki HAMORI). Applied Economics Letters, Vol. 19, No. 2: 161-165, 2012.
- “Bayesian Estimation of Spatial Externalities Using Regional Production Function: The Case of China and Japan.” Economics Bulletin, Vol.30, No.1, 2010.
- “Saving-Investment Relationship and Capital Mobility: Evidence from Chinese Provincial Data, 1980-2007.” (with Shigeyuki HAMORI). Economics Bulletin, Vol.29, No.3, 2009.
- “Assessing Agglomeration Economies in the Yangzi River Delta, China: A Bayesian Spatial Econometric Approach.” (with CHEN Kuang-hui). IDE Discussion Paper, No. 339. 2012.
- “Has China's Interregional Capital Mobility Been Low? A Spatial Econometric Estimation of the Feldstein-Horioka Equation.” (with CHEN Kuang-hui). MPRA Paper, No. 24595, 2010.
Membership of Academic SocietiesJapanese Economic Association, Japan Association for Asian Studies, Japan Society for International Development