Southeast Asian Studies Group I, Area Studies Center
International Relations, Thai Foreign Policy
Latest research topic: Influence of international exchange of goods, money and human and its on regional integration in Southeast Asia: the case of Thailand
Education / Research Experience
|Ph. D Candidate in International Relations/ The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan|
|M. A. in International Relations/ 2000/ The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan|
|B. A. in Arts and Science/ 1998/ Tokyo Women’s Christian University, Tokyo, Japan|
|Full-time Researcher at Institute of Developing Economies, Chiba, Japan, 2003-present|
|Teaching Assistant/ University of Tokyo (International Relations), 2000-2001|
- Maki AOKI-OKABE , Popular Participation in Treaty-Making in Thailand: Section 190 of the 2007 Constitution, in Shinya IMAIZUMI eds. , Reforming Legislative Process in Thailand: A pathway to Popular Participation?, Chiba: IDE.
- AOKI-OKABE, Maki , Intermediating Myanmar: Thailand’s Foreign Policy as a “mediator” in Cyclone Disaster-Relief, (Tai no Myanmar Chukai Gaiko: 2008 nen Saikuron Saigai shien Gaiko kara no Kosatsu), Ajiken-World Trend, no 169, Oct. 2009.
- AOKI, Maki  Thailand’s International Economic Strategy and GMS: Regional Cooperation for Handling Globalization (Tai no Kokusai Keizai Senryaku to GMS: Gurobarizeishon he no Taiou to shite no Chiiki Kyoryoku) in Akira SUEHIRO eds., ISS Contemporary Chinese Studies Series No.3, Reconsidering the Greater Mekhong Subregion from the Viewpoint of China (Gendai Chuugoku Kyoten Kenkyu Sirizu No. 3, Dai Mekon ken [GMS] wo Chuugoku kara Torae Naosu), Institute of Social Science, University of Tokyo.
- AOKI, Maki  "Thaksin Government’s Foreign Policy: Stepping-Up the International Status of Thailand (Takkusin Seiken no Taigai Seisaku: Seiken no Shudo ni yoru Tai no Chusin-koku ka)" in TAMADA Yoshifumi and FUNATSU Tsuruyo eds Tai Seiji Gyosei no Henkaku:] 1991-2006 (Thailand in Motion: Political and Administrative Changes, 1991-2006), IDE,Chiba
- AOKI-OKABE Maki , "The Features of RTAs in East Asia：Comparative Study of Their Content and the RTA Policies of the Countries Involved (Higashi Ajia ni okeru Chiiki Boeki Kyotei no Tokucho: Naiyo no Hikaku to Kakkoku no RTA Seisaku kara no Kento) ", in HIRATSUKA Diaisuke eds. East Asia's Challenges: Economic Integration, Economic Reform and Institutionalization IDE, Chiba.
- AOKI-OKABE, Maki and Yoko KAWAMURA (co-author) , "Aidentiti to Shiteno Chiiki: Chiilki Bunka Koryu ni taisuru Kokkateki Kan'yo no Nitchi-Doku Hikaku (Region as Identity: Comparative Study of National Commitment to Regional Cultural Cooperation by Japan and Germany) " (English version is forthcoming on the IDE website)
(Both two above papers were published in Study Group on International Cultural Relations of Postwar Japan (in Japanese, Sengo Nihon Kokusai Bunka Koryu Kenkyu-kai, with editorial supervision by Kenichiro Hirano), International Cultural Relations of Postwar Japan (Sengo Nihon no Kokusai Bunka Koryu ), Keiso Shobo Publishers, Tokyo)
- AOKI-OKABE, Maki , "Chiiki Bunka Kyoryoku wo Meguru Bunka Shokuhen （Acculturation of Regional Cultural Cooperation: The External Influence upon Regional Cultural Cooperation by ASEAN) "
- OKABE, Maki  (Book review) "Amitav Acharya, The Quest for Identity: International Relations of Southeast Asia" in Ajia Keizai (Asian Economy), February 2003, Vo. 44, NO. 22.
- Maki AOKI-OKABE , Increasing Popular Participation in the Treaty-making Process: The Legislative Process of Section 190 of the 2007 Constitution of Thailand, IDE Discussion Paper No. 357.
- Aoki-Okabe, Maki  "Looking Toward the "New Era": Features and Background of the Japan-Thailand Economic Partnership Agreement" IDE Discussion Papers,No.132
- Aoki, Maki  "New Issues in FTAs: The Case of Economic Partnership Agreements between Japan and ASEAN Countries." IDE APEC Study Center Working Paper Series, 03/04 No.8, March.
Membership of Academic SocietiesThe Japan Association of International Relations, Japan Association for Asian Studies