Education / Research Experience
|BA in Economics, University of Tokyo, March 2008.|
|MA in Economics, University of Tokyo, March 2010.|
|Ph.D in Economics, University of Tokyo, March 2014.|
|Research Fellow of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (DC2), April 2012 - March 2014|
|Research Fellow of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (PD), April 2014 - March 2017|
|Research Fellow of Institute of Developing Economies, April 2017 -|
- "Neighbourhood Effects in Pesticide Use: Evidence from the Rural Philippines," Journal of Agricultural Economics, forthcoming.
- "Is Farmer-to-Farmer Extension Effective? The Impact of Training on Technology Adoption and Rice Farming Productivity in Tanzania," World Development, forthcoming. (with Yuko Nakano, Takuji W. Tsusaka, and Valerien O. Pede)
- "How Access to Irrigation Influences Poverty and Livelihoods: A Case Study from Sri Lanka," Journal of Development Studies, 2014, Vol. 50, No. 5, pp.748–768. (with Sonali Senaratna Sellamuttu, Ryuji Kasahara, Yasuyuki Sawada, and Deeptha Wijerathna)
- "Altruism or Exchange? Experimental Evidence on the Motives behind Private Transfers in Sri Lanka," JICA-RI Working Paper No.132, July 2016. (with Yasuyuki Sawada)
- "Election, Implementation, and Social Capital in School-Based Management: Evidence from a Randomized Field Experiment on the COGES Project in Burkina Faso," JICA-RI Working Paper No.120, March 2016. (with Yasuyuki Sawada, Andrew S. Griffen, Eiji Kozuka, Haruko Noguchi, and Yasuyuki Todo)
- "Spatial vs. Social Network Effects in Risk Sharing," JICA-RI Working Paper No.89, March 2015.
- "Incentives and Social Preferences: Experimental Evidence from a Seemingly Inefficient Traditional Labor Contract," CIRJE-F-961, March 2015. (with Jun Goto, Yasuyuki Sawada, and Keitaro Aoyagi)
- "Social Capital as an Instrument for Common Pool Resource Management: A Case Study of Irrigation Management in Sri Lanka," JICA-RI Working Paper No.33, August 2011.