Fellowships / Job Openings
IDE-JETRO Recruitment of Librarians for JFY 2015
as of June 13, 2014
IDE is not accepting applicants of this program at present. Below is the last year's information just for your reference.
Positions are offered on a tenure-track basis
*Note: Tenure-track positions are fixed-term for three years, but the contract may be extended up to another two years. IDE-JETRO management will review the librarian’s performance as well as achievement during the contract period, and a tenure position may be offered if the librarian performs above expectations.
Librarians interested in information or materials on developing countries
The applicant must have proficiency in Japanese and:
- a Master of Arts degree (or expect to be awarded the degree no later than March 2015) with proficiency in either one of the following languages: Middle Eastern Languages, Vietnamese
- a master’s degree in library and information science as well as a librarian’s certificate (or expect to be awarded the master’s degree and librarian’s certificate no later than March 2015).
How to apply
All applicants must register to obtain an Application ID before submission of the application materials.
- Curriculum vitae with a recent photograph (Template) (Download a template)
- An essay explaining your motivation for applying for the position (either in English or Japanese, not exceeding one A4 size page)
- All university academic transcripts
- Copies of degrees and certificates from the applicant's highest level of education
- A librarian’s certificate (if you possess one)
Send all the materials to
Recruitment, Research Personnel Division,
Research Planning Department,
3-2-2, Wakaba, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 261-8545 JAPAN.
On the envelope, clearly print “Application materials: Librarian” and specify the Application ID in red. Please note that application materials will not be returned (except for books).
- Application period
April 1 to June 13, 2014(All applications must be received byJune 13)
- First screening: Examination of documents
- Second screening: Written examination (general knowledge including library and information science, short essay, English) (to be held in late June)
- Third screening: Presentation and interviews (to be held in mid-July)
Employment will begin on April 1, 2015.
Salary will be determined on the basis of age and work experience, as per organizational regulations.
Please address all inquiries to:
IDE-JETRO, Recruitment, Research Personnel Division, Research Planning Department,
Email: email@example.com / Tel: 81-43-299-9528 / Fax: 81-43-299-9724
Questions can be sent to the above e-mail address (Please note that we cannot respond to questions about screening).